Bored, so I blew it up (CLE/PHX)

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I'm sitting here bored, watching the draft. I don't want to see the team blown up, but I figured I'd see what I could do.

Here's a trade I just did on TradeChecker and it worked.

CLE Gets:
Steve Nash
Shaq O'Neal
Boris Diaw
PHX's 2009 2nd Round Pick (Our's or GS's)

PHX Gets:
Wally Szczerbiak
Eric Snow
Joe Smith
Ben Wallace
CLE's 2008 1st Round Pick
CLE's 2009 1st Round Pick

This allows the Suns to rebuild. Smith, Snow and Wally are all off the books after 1 year. Nash and O'Neal would be huge for Cleveland. Then Cleveland's picks could add some depth to the team so when those 3 contracts are up we can sign a star or two to carry the team. This season sign a backup PF/C. Like a Theo Ratliff. I'm also assuming Grant Hill is gone as well...

This still leaves our team with:

Barbosa/Pick(Augustin?)/Snow
Bell/Strawberry/Szczerbiak
Tucker/Szczerbiak
Amare/Smith
Wallace/Pick(McGee?)

And just for the hell of it, I'll do minutes per game...

PG: Barbosa(28)/Augustin(20)
SG: Bell(30)Barbosa(7)/Strawberry(11)
SF: Strawberry(20)/Tucker(15)/Szczerbiak(13)
PF: Amare(30)/Smith(5)/McGee(10)/Tucker(3)
C: Wallace(30)/McGee(10)/Amare(8)

Our young core players get minutes:
Amare:38, Barbosa:35, Pick(Augustin?):20, Pick(McGee):20, Strawberry:31, Tucker:18

This team isn't awful. In fact, I could see them possibly making the playoffs with the eighth seed their first year.

OP
OP
Phill11

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Oh, and Cleveland finishes with one hell of a team too.

PG: Nash/Delonte
SG: Gibson/Free Agent
SF: LeBron/Diaw
PF: Ilgauskas/Diaw
C: Shaq/Varejao

Ilgauskas and Shaq could be the next Duncan/Robinson combo. Nash and LeBron carrying the team would be insane to imagine.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Ilgauskas and shaq would be nowhere in the same realm as duncan and robinson. not even close. nash doesn't fit in with cleveland because they are a defensive-minded team (mike brown modeled his team after the spurs). Also, lebron is that team's distributor and west was brought in to take over part of that job, there is no need for nash to do that. gibson can shoot the 3 just as well as nash and is much quicker defensively than nash, so they don't need him for either of those things either. gibson would never be their shooting guard with nash. that would be 2 tiny guards playing together much like what denver tried to no avail. Devon Brown is the shooting guard that you are missing, and he is a very good player.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Im sorry, did you just give away shaq and nash and not get Lebron in return?

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Stat and Nash for D. Howard and a #1.

Diaw, Bell, Hill and our 1st round pick for Iggy.

Barbosa
Orlando's #1
Who cares
Howard
Shaq

Tank next year. Wait for Shaq to come off the books. Draft a couple players high in the draft. Rebuild around Howard and your picks. Start over. And fire D'Antoni, please.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave