Boomtown (Planet Green)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Anybody watch this show?

It's a reality show about people in Parshall, North Dakota and how their area became one of the biggest oil producing places in the country.

Amazing and engrossing stories told about many different people in the town.

They continue to talk about mineral rights and land rights and that is something I have trouble understanding. They follow a rancher who owns land rights but not surface rights so he is SOL in terms of collecting oil royalty payments, but even more SOL because he has no say what happens on his land and the oil being drilled on his land is slowly ruining any chance he has of making a living.

Depsi

Reaction score
Boomtown

I grew up in Minot ND along with plenty of family living in Parshall....My great uncle, Jake Spitzer, owned a gas station in town when it was the tiniest of of burgs...I was horrified, saddened, really affected by what money has done and will continue to do to the people of this town. The word "devasted" doesn't even come close to describing the ecological effects to the land and the inhabitants....."dead spots" "dust" "traffic accidents" I hurt for the place.....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson