Books you're embarassed to admit you enjoyed?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the fact that I'm reading Jessica Canseco's book "Juicy Confessions of a former baseball wife" is the reason I started this thread. Got it for 5.98 at Barnes and Noble, I was always a Canseco fan until the A's traded him and we started to hear a lot of the other nonsense that had gone on while he was with the A's.

This book starts out with Jessica 19, Jose 28, divorced from Esther, and meeting Jessica on her 3rd day working at Hooters. She's working there to repay a loan from her mom, 4k, she used to get a boob job. The irony of working at Hooters to pay off a boob job is not lost on me. Their 2nd date consists of going to the mall so Jose can spend over $4000 on her for clothing.

So far they both come off incredibly poorly, Jose comes off as a completely arrogant guy who totally takes advantage of a young girl who got caught up in the excitement. Jessica comes off as an incredibly naive person who blames everyone but herself(parents, Jose, etc). When she first meets Jose she's in a 2 year relationship with a guy and essentially living with him and his parents who essentially adopted her when her own home life got too bad. So when they find out about Jose she's not only dealing with a distraught boyfriend(her age) she's dealing with his parents who are furious that she's treating their son that way after everything they've done for her. She claims to feel terrible about how it happened but it's not clear that's true.

She's incredibly naive and her comments on their sex life are pretty amusing, she refers to his "weiner" and how his boys were extremely small but at the time she didn't realize it was a sign of steroid abuse. Also not sure if it's been fact checked see claims the first game she saw him play in person(he gave her tix) was the game where the ball bounced off his head for a HR, the 2nd game was the one he pitched in and hurt his elbow and wound up needing surgery. I suppose that IS possible but it sure seems "lucky" that the first two games she saw included famous incidents from the "wacky" side of his career. I can't be bothered to go back and check the dates she claims they happened I'll assume the editors fact checked.

So far the book is quite funny, the last book I read that had this silly a topic was the Motley Crue expose, which would also be on my list of books I'm embarassed to have enjoyed.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
So far the book is quite funny, the last book I read that had this silly a topic was the Motley Crue expose, which would also be on my list of books I'm embarassed to have enjoyed.

Musical ****jobs.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have been wanting to read "My Life" for sometime but I don't know if I could do it sober

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard