Booker in elimination games

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
those claiming book is the best ever Sun, certainly a sobering fact for ain’t there yet
Book has gotten as deep in the playoffs as Barkley did and deeper than Nash. So what's your criteria for best ever? Because it can't be titles/playoffs. MVP is the only thing they have over Book.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty has really struggled to make counter adjustments.

Booker showed up last night, he was playing hard, he was making passes, he was facing hard doubles and he was playing hurt.

I'm not sure what he is supposed to do when the "superstar" teammate shat the bed again. Prior to Denver going up by 30 Durant was 1-10 and when he wasn't missing low value shots he was throwing the ball to the wrong team.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, didn’t we play the clips in a game 7? That’s an elimination game. How did he do with that one? Can’t just count the elimination games that we lost.
Not an elimination game, since the Suns could have lost and still played again.

He did have 47/8/10

Sunsfan44

Reaction score
Probably bc he’s relied on to do everything when you get to elimination games( usually game 6 or7) he is burnt out

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least Booker played. I'll take that over bruised ribs this year and won't check back into the game last year. That's much more incriminAyton.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's certainly a trend, but something is going on with the whole team in these games. Booker seems to be one of the symptoms, but I don't think he is the underlying issue.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Monty has really struggled to make counter adjustments.

Booker showed up last night, he was playing hard, he was making passes, he was facing hard doubles and he was playing hurt.

I'm not sure what he is supposed to do when the "superstar" teammate shat the bed again. Prior to Denver going up by 30 Durant was 1-10 and when he wasn't missing low value shots he was throwing the ball to the wrong team.
Uh wasn’t book 2-8 at that same time?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think when he’s on the court book is a really emotional guy. It can cut both ways with him. When he’s cruising that emotion lifts the entire team. But we’ve seen dumb emotional book get into shoot outs, or run back and take a dumb a foul after he doesnt get a call at the other end.

And I think he gets too amped for elimination games. He’s tightly wound and maybe gets too tight for these moments. And it spirals in on itself when no one else is seemingly stepping up.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh wasn’t book 2-8 at that same time?

Booker was 4-10 at the half and was, by far, our leading playmaker.

Durant was 2-11 and when he wasn't missing shots he was turning the ball over, and in a ways that gave Denver free baskets every time.

If Durant had played like a superstar we'd have won this series.

If Booker hadn't played his ass off this playoffs we'd have been bounced by the Clippers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make of it what you will but before the foul that led to Booker hurting his foot/ankle, he had made 61 of his 95 shots. After that injury, he shot 8 for 28. It's not intended as an excuse but as one more example of why he really isn't in that elite class. He has to be in perfect health to excel. His defense, his efficiency and his turnovers when he isn't quite healthy move him down the star list IMO.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Make of it what you will but before the foul that led to Booker hurting his foot/ankle, he had made 61 of his 95 shots. After that injury, he shot 8 for 28. It's not intended as an excuse but as one more example of why he really isn't in that elite class. He has to be in perfect health to excel. His defense, his efficiency and his turnovers when he isn't quite healthy move him down the star list IMO.

The refs not taking a look at that play was a joke. Zero effort to go for the ball on that play, he just hooked Booker's arm while Booker was in the air at full speed.