Blue Eye Samurai-Netflix

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Animated. About a half breed kid in feudal Japan and their quest for vengeance.
Season 1 is complete. The show is worthy of your binge time.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Animated. About a half breed kid in feudal Japan and their quest for vengeance.
Season 1 is complete. The show is worthy of your binge time.
Is E1 indicative of the season? I've watched it but it did not hook me. My plan was to give it another episode or two to see if it was just the E1 world building or not.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Finished this off last night and it ended up being a pretty good story. I still don't care for E1 due to it being to predictable IMO but they really switched it up and went down some nice paths afterward.

The good: the story line, it played out nicely. Flashbacks were handled seamlessly. Watching this and Monarch back to back was night and day on it.

The Bad: the animation style wasn't my favorite, especially for the fight scenes. A little bit too stylized. The use of modern music. This is a general peeve of mine for period pieces. It takes me out of the setting.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Finished this off last night and it ended up being a pretty good story. I still don't care for E1 due to it being to predictable IMO but they really switched it up and went down some nice paths afterward.

The good: the story line, it played out nicely. Flashbacks were handled seamlessly. Watching this and Monarch back to back was night and day on it.

The Bad: the animation style wasn't my favorite, especially for the fight scenes. A little bit too stylized. The use of modern music. This is a general peeve of mine for period pieces. It takes me out of the setting.
agree. it had some surprises...overall I enjoyed it. as those flashbacks played out the whole rage thing made more and more sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard