Blake To Visit Tuesday

Jim O

Reaction score
Blake To Visit Cards Tuesday

http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pressdetails.php?sid=1113

The Cardinals have scheduled a visit with quarterback Jeff Blake for Tuesday. Blake started the final 10 games of last season for the Baltimore Ravens. He completed 165 of 295 pass attempts for 2,084 yards. He had 13 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 77.3. His career stats are 1593 of 2828 attempts for 19,283 yards, 119 touchdowns, 83 interceptions and an overall rating of 79.2.

Blake had an offer on the table from the Ravens, but when Blake took trips to visit with the Chicago Bears and the Pittsburgh Steelers, Head Coach Brian Billick said the Ravens took the offer off the table.

"There was no ultimatum. My intentions were to give him an opportunity to take leadership of this team, to show this team that his commitment was to come here and be their quarterback," Billick said. "Jeff's right is to take himself into free agency, but in doing so, he made it very clear that he was not interested in what I was offering him, by way of leadership of this team, so it's prudent for us to move on. We will."

Meanwhile, the Cardinals are still vying with the Bears for the services of quarterback Kordell Stewart. Both teams have made offers to his agent Leigh Steinberg.

Attachments

• blake.jpg
    blake.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 107

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
I don't mind Blake at all. While Kordell is more mobile, Blake can still move around in the pocket. He throws a good deep ball and he is on the right side of TD/Int ratio! What a concept! :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard