Black Monday 2022 edition

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wasn't @Ouchie-Z-Clown original name something like PhxSports4Evah? Don't remember assface original. Not that it matters but wasn't @Chopper0080 HarleyRider? There's a couple of others too but they're slipping my mind right now.
PHXSPORTS4LIFE

Was an awful screen name.

I got lucky with Ouchie-a-Clown as the the posters who followed my lead and let the board rename them ended up with:

Assface (still one of my favorites - the 10 year old in me can’t stop laughing when I think about how innocently he asked to be renamed and ended up with this)

Poophead

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What I'd say to him is that any time he watches videos like that, to go and watch the counterpoint.

That way he can see both arguments.
The problem is a 10 year old has very little capability to discern truth from fiction with those. Just not enough life experience and mental analytical tools to use.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Crazy, right? With 10 and 11 year old boys I try to remain relevant with what they watch/like but so much of it is soooo stupid I can’t help but think of Idiocracy. YouTube will be the ultimate downfall of civilization as we know it.
My boys are 10 and 11 right now and I swear to God if I have to watch ANOTHER ******* AMONG US MOD video I'm going to scream.

Mr. Beast? Dreadful.

My sixth-graders did an influencer of the year bracket and Malala barely edged out Kyler Murray in the Quarters but Mr. Beast trounced MLK.

These algorithms are so good at channeling additional interest that outside of a clock, it's a bottomless pit of content for them to fall into.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Gone:
Zimmer - Vikings need an offensive mind to take advantage of their current talent.
Carroll - I think they mutually part ways. I could see him taking another job. Seattle is in full rebuild mode IMO.
Fangio - He got three years and couldn't get it done.
Nagy - has gotten worse every year.
Judge - He got two years and has gotten worse each year. What do the Giants do well? He has to go.
Surprise firing - David Culley.

Blind squirrel moment here.

Carroll is still in play but Flores was actually the biggest surprise!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My boys are 10 and 11 right now and I swear to God if I have to watch ANOTHER ******* AMONG US MOD video I'm going to scream.

Mr. Beast? Dreadful.

My sixth-graders did an influencer of the year bracket and Malala barely edged out Kyler Murray in the Quarters but Mr. Beast trounced MLK.

These algorithms are so good at channeling additional interest that outside of a clock, it's a bottomless pit of content for them to fall into.
Lol you just summed up our house but it’s awful Fortnite videos instead of Among Us. And yes, Mr. Beast and his crew of merry idiots makes me want to rip their heads off (particularly Carl - I hate that I even know the kids name). I hate that these idiots make tons of cash doing really very stupid things. And then my boys watch More J Stu (at least that’s what I think it is) just replicate what someone else did in their video, but worse. And then some other band of idiot brothers also do the same thing, but even worse.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lol you just summed up our house but it’s awful Fortnite videos instead of Among Us. And yes, Mr. Beast and his crew of merry idiots makes me want to rip their heads off (particularly Carl - I hate that I even know the kids name). I hate that these idiots make tons of cash doing really very stupid things. And then my boys watch More J Stu (at least that’s what I think it is) just replicate what someone else did in their video, but worse. And then some other band of idiot brothers also do the same thing, but even worse.
It feels good to not be alone!

The boys started playing Fortnite over Christmas and then youngest is already trying to skip game cards into the grocery cart.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got my green rdy sure ill need lots of it lol

Prayin the the right airaid offense shows and conor return helps

Also hopin watt can make any kind of diff in def if he plays

Least cards fans have sun off lol lets go cards.... welp ill be wearin my murray red jersey to cards rep!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It feels good to not be alone!

The boys started playing Fortnite over Christmas and then youngest is already trying to skip game cards into the grocery cart.
You’re lucky to have avoided Fortnite thus far. Our boys have been so jacked up on it that even though they have Switches they asked their friends to pool their bday gifts for another switch just to get the limited skin that came with the Wildcat Switch (which is just different colors than their original Switches)!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Flores wants Watson, though. You think that's enough to bridge the divide between ownership and QB?
I dunno if Watson wants Flores, though.

It probably depends on whom gets brought in to run the offense, and what Watson's opinion about how borked the offense in Miami was.

Watson is the guy who said "I'm never playing for these folks again. Trade me." AFAIK, that's where it stands today.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another texan bites the dust poor texans fans feel for em
At the national level, the Texans are getting excoriated for firing Culley. Unfortunately, it’s clear that most of the criticism is coming from writers who did not watch much (if any) of the Texans games this year. To be fair, the organization is a complete disaster; arguably the worst in the NFL. That said, the Texans were terrible and terrifically dull. And Culley, who seems very nice, had never even been a coordinator and it showed: he made odd decisions on game days, then got confused trying to justify/explain those decisions during his weekly interviews. Even last week, when they gave the Titans all they could handle in the second half, Culley ordered punts on five consecutive 1st half drives. Why? What did Houston have to lose by going for it on 4th downs in the final game of a lost season?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I dunno if Watson wants Flores, though.

It probably depends on whom gets brought in to run the offense, and what Watson's opinion about how borked the offense in Miami was.

Watson is the guy who said "I'm never playing for these folks again. Trade me." AFAIK, that's where it stands today.
Watson was pushing to be traded to Miami, where Flores was the coach. I don't know if he cares or not about Flores or just cares to get away from Texas.