Black Mirror (BBC)(Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Netflix Announces ‘Black Mirror’ Season 4 Release Date

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/black-mirror-season-4-release-date-trailer-1202628880/

“Black Mirror” Season 4 will launch on Netflix Dec. 29, the streaming service has announced.

The series, which won 2017 Emmy Awards for television movie and television movie writing (for the Season 3 installment “San Junipero”), returns with six new episodes just in time to be eligible for the winter awards cycle.

The six episodes of “Black Mirror” Season 4 include starring vehicles for talent such as Rosemarie Dewitt, Jesse Plemons and Aldis Hodge, and also boasts an episode directed by Jodie Foster.

---------------------------

Plot summaries of each episode are at the link...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't freaking wait! Season 3 was a pretty big step down from 1 and 2, but San Junipero was GREAT and the Bryce Dallas Howard episode was solid. They get a mulligan from me on S3 after such strong seasons 1 and 2.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Super hit and miss for me.

But there are some really good episodes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this show about?

It’s an anthology (season 1 and 2 were 4 episodes, 3 was 6). Twilight Zone-ish show, look at the future, heavy emphasis on how technology will effect the future.

It’s a tad on the dark side. And by a tad, I mean it’s RIDICULOUSLY dark.

First two seasons are AWESOME. Third season was very hit or miss.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just started watching this. It's really dark but holy crap. Where have I been?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s an anthology (season 1 and 2 were 4 episodes, 3 was 6). Twilight Zone-ish show, look at the future, heavy emphasis on how technology will effect the future.

It’s a tad on the dark side. And by a tad, I mean it’s RIDICULOUSLY dark.

First two seasons are AWESOME. Third season was very hit or miss.

Great description. :cool:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hits have been amazing and the misses not so much. I only have 3 left to watch and haven't watched them in order of release.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love this series, I've only disliked 2 of the 13 episodes they've released so far, "Man Against Fire" and "San Junipero". "Man Against Fire" was predictable and while other episodes were as well there was no hook to save it like some of the others like "Playtest". "San Junipero" was too happy, it didn't fit with the other episodes and stands out from the rest of the series and I don't think it does that in a good way. I know that seems to be everyone's favorite but it was just sort of there. I know I said I didn't care for those but they're still better than most other TV series and I wouldn't recommend anyone skip them.

I've only watched the first episode of season 4, U.S.S. Callister and loved it. That was the episode I was looking forward to the most based on the previews for this season. I was curious how they'd put a Black Mirror spin on Star Trek and they delivered. There was also a very cool cameo in that episode. Since I looked forward to that episode the most there is a chance it will go downhill from here but I hope there is at least one more great episode this season and if there isn't more than 1 dud I'll be happy.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just finished the new season. Pretty solid..I think "Black Museum" was the best episode.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That first episode was freaking nails. Also liked Save The DJ a lot. Wasn't super crazy about Arkangel. Three more to go.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
USS Callister was weird and pretty unbelievable. (Most of the previous episodes had some level of realism.)

That said I loved it and the near hour-and-a-half episode flew by.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USS Callister was weird and pretty unbelievable. (Most of the previous episodes had some level of realism.)

That said I loved it and the near hour-and-a-half episode flew by.

It’s up there with White Bear and White Christmas for me as far as all time best episodes of Mirror.

Scope, size, twistedness and humor were all at an 11 on McAllister.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
OK, you guys have got me. I'm going to binge watch this series from the beginning.

I've only seen one episode, the Howard social media episode and I thought it was OK but not great. Sounds like it was possibly an outlier.

Superbone

Reaction score
Well, couldn't help myself when I saw U.S.S. Callister looked just like ST:TOS so I started there. Amazing episode of television. I was blown away. I think I'll finish this season and then start at the beginning. Tell me if I'm wrong but since this is an anthology series, it shouldn't matter in what order I watch the episodes.

Superbone

Reaction score
I've only watched the first episode of season 4, U.S.S. Callister and loved it. That was the episode I was looking forward to the most based on the previews for this season. I was curious how they'd put a Black Mirror spin on Star Trek and they delivered. There was also a very cool cameo in that episode. Since I looked forward to that episode the most there is a chance it will go downhill from here but I hope there is at least one more great episode this season and if there isn't more than 1 dud I'll be happy.
I just finished season 4. I didn't think any of them were duds. Still like USS Callister the best. Probably followed by Black Museum.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, couldn't help myself when I saw U.S.S. Callister looked just like ST:TOS so I started there. Amazing episode of television. I was blown away. I think I'll finish this season and then start at the beginning. Tell me if I'm wrong but since this is an anthology series, it shouldn't matter in what order I watch the episodes.

id' watch it from the beginning as there are sometimes call backs to earlier setup technology that might be a little confusing if you hadn't seen a previous episode.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just finished season 4. I didn't think any of them were duds. Still like USS Callister the best. Probably followed by Black Museum.

I'm halfway through season 4, I'm pacing myself this year. I didn't care much for Arkangel but it wasn't that bad. Looking forward to Black Museum, heard good things about that.

Superbone

Reaction score
id' watch it from the beginning as there are sometimes call backs to earlier setup technology that might be a little confusing if you hadn't seen a previous episode.
Too late! :) There were a lot of call backs in Black Museum alone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too late! :) There were a lot of call backs in Black Museum alone.

yeah.. watch the other seasons in order.

don't expect a lot from Season 3. It was pretty mediocre. Save it for last, IMO.

Superbone

Reaction score
yeah.. watch the other seasons in order.

don't expect a lot from Season 3. It was pretty mediocre. Save it for last, IMO.
Thanks, I'm on that path now. Watched S1/E1 tonight. Pretty intense and crazy. Had to watch some light comedy afterward to cleanse my palette.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I caught a few episodes last night for the first time... S1E1...was that "The Grain"??... interesting concept with a predictable ending,...we need memory degradation, lol.

S1E2..
The Star Treck spinoff one... this one was awesome

then we caught the one where they put the chip in the little girls brain...funny how these types of technology always work out to be very bad ideas once they cross human nature.

Superbone

Reaction score
I caught a few episodes last night for the first time... S1E1...was that "The Grain"??... interesting concept with a predictable ending,...we need memory degradation, lol.

S1E2..
The Star Treck spinoff one... this one was awesome

then we caught the one where they put the chip in the little girls brain...funny how these types of technology always work out to be very bad ideas once they cross human nature.
No, S1E1 was "The National Anthem" featuring the British PM.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson