Bitcoin

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By the way, if you haven't seen it, BITI is a recently launched ETF that shorts bitcoin through reverse futures contracts. So if you're pretty confident BTC is going to continue to slide into oblivion, BITI is an attractive play. And the most you can lose is 100% of your investment.

Edit: Oops, didn't see that Devilmaycare let us know about this a month ago. Never mind.
It's blocked by my broker.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course they did.. ;)

That just means one thing. It's crashing at some point for sure. Lol

PS. Thanks for the contrarian info. If it's the broker I believe it is.. that's a HUGE signal. I know when a certain broker blocked GBTC before it's huge run up. So it's good info to pay attention to.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks! Who do you have? I just set up a purchase of 1 share through E*Trade and got all the way to the confirmation screen, so it looks like I can do it. I did have to click through a disclaimer about understanding the risks of options trading.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks! Who do you have? I just set up a purchase of 1 share through E*Trade and got all the way to the confirmation screen, so it looks like I can do it. I did have to click through a disclaimer about understanding the risks of options trading.

My firm is more conservative than a lot of other discount brokers. We've blocked a lot of bitcoin stuff.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course they did.. ;)

That just means one thing. It's crashing at some point for sure. Lol

PS. Thanks for the contrarian info. If it's the broker I believe it is.. that's a HUGE signal. I know when a certain broker blocked GBTC before it's huge run up. So it's good info to pay attention to.

I wouldn't read too much into it. We block a ton of stuff to protect clients.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into it. We block a ton of stuff to protect clients.
I get it. But, I wouldn't dismiss it either. I believe both things can be true.

Also, I don't think it's the responsibility of a bank to protect people from their choices. It's their money, they can lose it or win with it on their own volition. But, that's JMO.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get it. But, I wouldn't dismiss it either. I believe both things can be true.

Also, I don't think it's the responsibility of a bank to protect people from their choices. It's their money, they can lose it or win with it on their own volition. But, that's JMO.

FINRA cracked down a while back on low priced and volatile securities. Firms still have a suitability standard. You see the same thing with options. We won't let just any client trade options. They have to get approved for certain risk levels based on experience and net worth. We'll revoke options if you suck too.

We blocked a bunch of marijuana stuff during that hype train, same with crypto. We also block a lot of commodities related ETFs because investors don't understand futures contracts and many of those markets are typically in contango and experience negative roll yield. You can't buy USO.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Calling my shot. Next target. BTC 6k. Over weeks to coming months...

:grabs:

Hunch or do you have anything to support your call?

That'll be the flush I'm waiting for. I assume we'd see other speculative assets crash as well as the market as a whole taking a pretty significant hair cut.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's nothing to value bitcoin so all you have is charts and they look bad.

You must be registered for see images attach
Actually your chart trend line is pretty solid.

My chart has a few more little breakdowns. But measured moves from current levels show right into that support level.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh boy!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Calling my shot. Next target. BTC 6k. Over weeks to coming months...

:grabs:
Bump.

Strangely. It's looking like BTC bottom will mark 'A' bottom in the markets. This level is setting up to be similar for the equity markets. Especially technology. 70 percent Bitcoin crash will mark about a 40-50 percent crash for the overall market...which is dominated by tech.