Big Cards announcement on Thurs per Jurecki

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To announce a presser 4 days in advance suggests that it's going to be a biggie.

Without having any inside info whatsoever, my gut is telling me (a) that the logical big news event would be either Emmitt re-ing up for another year or two (possibly with a coaching component - or not), Emmitt retiring or Emmitt moving on or (b) the decision to bring in a high profile QB coach to replace Kruczak.

The latter thought is based on (a) McCown's hitting the wall midway thru last season and (b) our bringing in a new OC (Rowan) who may have his own ideas about who he wants to coach his QB's.

All purely conjecture, but those are my thoughts as of now.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
The ad was the logo. Just the logo. Just the logo sitting there...
A "New Breed of Cardinal" where the logo chirps, then growls, then smiles.

I'm guessing it involves the logo.

I hope that is the ONLY change. Make a meaner lookign bird would be fine. other than that NO CHANGES!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
but what does that have to do with "a new breed" .. again a 3 day notice to tell us that crap?

It's a much bigger deal than a uniform redesign. It's millions of bucks into the Bidwill's pockets. The type of revenue they've NEVER had, and it would be just in time for free agency!

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the logo as well. I remember getting that e-mail with the tweeting Cardinal then a roar...I was thinking WTF was that? Now it makes sense...they are gonna update the logo...A new breed of Cardinal...Can't wait!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Rumor is a logo and uniform change....

Three days to wait to hear that? Bummer. I think if you're gona hype something up it better be about the team getting better, not looking different.

:mad:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
It's a much bigger deal than a uniform redesign. It's millions of bucks into the Bidwill's pockets. The type of revenue they've NEVER had, and it would be just in time for free agency!

yeah but the average fan (and more importantly for fans they are trying to attract) that would not mean a damn thing. It has to be something is visually changing. That is what most people identify as a "new" beginning.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Wow this early? I thought they will change the unis but not until 2006 :shrug:

That's what my friend in the office is tryin to sell me... he's a Cowboy's fan though. :barf:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The corporate sponsor scenario does indeed have the right "smell".

I really doubt any uni changes, which they have already said will not be major, will be announced until the new stadium is ready to go.

But bringing on board a corporate sponsor and all the related advertising that would go along with it, would indeed make sense at this juncture in time.

As to them needing 4 days notice to play in El Pase.......read what I wrote.

The earlier report alluded to the possibility that the team may play ALL their games somewhere else.

With the less-than-ideal working relationship with ASU the low crowds, and heat, it may well indeed be a good move to play those preseason games somewhere else.

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
The link states "The Bird Is Back" hopefully it means Off with the state flag (JMO)... I'm so glad I waited to buy a jersey now I can buy the New stuff.... Yes..

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I know the link left the imagination to figure out what's happening, it's by design. The e-mail just said "You have received a message from the Arizona Cardinals! Stay tuned for more ..."

Then the link with the bird on a black backround with chirping Cardinals morphing into a growl.

The Qwest etc naming rights have also been discussed lately, because speculation is that part of the naming rights deal could involve wiring the new venue. I doubt that this deal would be announced any time soon even if an agreement had been reached with one of these companies, the timing is all wrong right now for that type announcement.

I believe it IS a "tweak" to the uniforms. The team needs to build some steam heading into the new stadium, so the timing seems to be correct for a move like this.

The best thing IMO? No #22 jerseys will be sold with the new uniform change.

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score
clif said:
damn work.... :mad: .... something about not being able to listen to a radio while you work :doi: ... the nerve of them expecting me to be productive :D

You too huh? What exactly was said or close to it?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
....just heard on the radio

My guess is we sign a RB. Sporting News on Friday had a little 2 line not in the Buzz section about our recent interest in signing Henry.

Maybe I am just dreaming and need to wake up.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Faithful said:
You too huh? What exactly was said or close to it?

Didnt get a chance to hear... no radio allowed so I never even had the chance.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
My guess is we sign a RB. Sporting News on Friday had a little 2 line not in the Buzz section about our recent interest in signing Henry.

Maybe I am just dreaming and need to wake up.
We can't sign anyone yet.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
I think someone mentioned it earlier. But I think it is the announcement of the retirement of Emmit Smith.... That's just my guess... :shrug:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
This is soooo out of left field I dnt want anyone to take this as the gospel, but here in Vegas, there has been a lot of talk recently in the media baout bringing NFL to Vegas as the city does every year with baseball, basketball, and hockey. (A couple of exhibitions games each year. IN fact the Suns usually play here 1 or twice) so maybe it is to announce an exhibition game with someone like the Chargers here in Vegas.

I have no info on thsi at all, but it has been in the news a lot lately and one of the Cardinals flag ship stations is here in Vegas :shrug: I dunno, just guessing

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it is an announcement to be renamed "The Los Angeles Cardinals of Arizona" :?

:D