Better trio (on paper anyway)

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Does the trio of Fitz, Floyd & either Roberts or Doucet have the potential to be as good (or better) than the Fitz, Boldin & Breaston trio (notwithstand QB play)????

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does the trio of Fitz, Floyd & either Roberts or Doucet have the potential to be as good (or better) than the Fitz, Boldin & Breaston trio (notwithstand QB play)????
not right now

Roberts/Doucet would have to make huge improvements. Floyd, hopefully, will be better than Q, but those are big shoes to fill

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think so. Fitz was the great deep threat, Boldin was the nasty underneath threat and Breaston was just a great glue guy who made big time plays.

Right now we have a great deep threat with Fitz, a player with similar skill set in Floyd and a big question mark at the 3rd WR position.

But these guys do have the potential to be a formidable *********. Just not as good as the three we had in the heyday IMO.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
All depends on Floyd.

Personally I would say we have a MUCH better Top 4 now which in todays NFL is more important then you think with the way we spread things out.

FYI I see Andrew Roberts being that #4 guy. I think Doucet plays well this year in the slot picking up first downs .

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't necessarily have to be 3wr's. It could be Fitz, Floyd, and Housler.

If at that point you include a Roberts/Doucet as a 4th option, it may be better.

We shouldn't count our chickens, but I hear some eggs cracking.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MJ said he was talking to Roberts last night and asked him what he thought of the Floyd pick. MJ said Roberts was happy and then Roberts got real excited because now he can be a slot receiver which he feels is his natural position. This Floyd pick just made this whole receiving corps so much better. I'm excited for this season to start.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think they have a chance to be a better trio at WR, but obviously we don't know yet. The major problem is that we're significantly downgraded at QB.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It can be better because the the running backs are much better and there are some receiving tight ends. Lots of options and decent blockers in the bunch too.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard for me to get that excited about this with the QB position so unsettled.

Can't argue with the amount of talent we have at the skilled positions though.

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
Howsler will be a hugh success this year, who are you going to cover?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is remembering Boldin's amazing rookie season with total crap, far worse than we have now, at QB. Yes, Kolb and Skelton are better than Blake and McCown.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard