Best Draft For CARDS

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Best case Cards trade down to 7th with Raiders and pick up a 2nd round pick maybe a 2nd and 3rd.
Draft Robinson with the 7th and watch him win offensive ROY. The Cards need a change of pace a new player to market to the fan base. With Murray out and D-HOP likely gone in a trade who will score points next year. Who is going to be the "face" of team. Robinson is one of the best backs over the past decade and is one of the best players in AZ high school history. He can play down one of his NFL career. The nature of the position has a low learning curve and he can learn how to pass block with a backup QB instead of the fragile franchise QB.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I do totally think that Murray will be excellent with a running game at his disposal. Connor is a good player but not the Kamara type that would make Murray more dangerous.
You could say the same with any QB, but with Murray it’s different given his running ability. If we had play action run and play action pass, that’s where we could thrive.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Best case Cards trade down to 7th with Raiders and pick up a 2nd round pick maybe a 2nd and 3rd.
Draft Robinson with the 7th and watch him win offensive ROY. The Cards need a change of pace a new player to market to the fan base. With Murray out and D-HOP likely gone in a trade who will score points next year. Who is going to be the "face" of team. Robinson is one of the best backs over the past decade and is one of the best players in AZ high school history. He can play down one of his NFL career. The nature of the position has a low learning curve and he can learn how to pass block with a backup QB instead of the fragile franchise QB.
If we draft a RB with a top-10 pick, we deserve to suck.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Anderson/Carter
Out of those two and Robinson who has the better chance of rookie of the year. My vote is Robinson. Who will help Cards more day one my vote is Robinson.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I want both Robinson and Johnston both and would jump for joy if we could get both by trading back a bit to take one and up a bit to get the other. But the realistic thing is to take Anderson and be happy.

We need a great DT but afraid we might have to go FA for that. I wouldn't mind Ika if he should fall to us in the 2nd. He is ranked 35th right now by McShay, I believe, but goes sooner in every mock I see.

Then get the best CB and OLmen we can with the next few picks, maybe 2 of 1 and 1 of the other. Then get our complimentary back in one of the later rounds. I like the kid from Tulane a lot for RB.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hell no. We need a dominant ******* DL & an OL That can actually block.
I’ve said several times after watching this train wreck of a season. I wouldnt care if all FA and Draft picks go to the trenches. We establish dominance on both lines of scrimmage everyone around them gets better

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve said several times after watching this train wreck of a season. I wouldnt care if all FA and Draft picks go to the trenches. We establish dominance on both lines of scrimmage everyone around them gets better
Any smart GM knows you build the trenches & your team will be solid, unfortunately for years our GM wasn't very smart lol. Games are won or lost in the trenches.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Any smart GM knows you build the trenches & your team will be solid, unfortunately for years our GM wasn't very smart lol. Games are won or lost in the trenches.
Games are won outscoring your opponents
Games are won running the ball
Games are won by better coaching and game planning
Games are won on defense
Games are won by having less turnovers
Games are won by having a good QB
Games are won by having a better roster of players
Games are won in a variety of ways
ANY SMART GM KKNOWS THAT AS WELL.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Games are won outscoring your opponents
Games are won running the ball
Games are won by better coaching and game planning
Games are won on defense
Games are won by having less turnovers
Games are won by having a good QB
Games are won by having a better roster of players
Games are won in a variety of ways
ANY SMART GM KKNOWS THAT AS WELL.

They way you win on defense, run the ball, having less turnovers (and forcing more turnovers), outscore your opponents, give your QB a chance to be good is all by winning in the trenches. Team can win with an average RB or even RB by committee, teams rarely win with a poor OL or DL. It's been ignored for far too long.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...a runningback

....at number 3 overall........

:bang:
:bang::bang:
Right?

If you REALLY want Robinson, take one of those trade down deals. Pick up another couple 1sts/2nds and still get Robinson.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
They way you win on defense, run the ball, having less turnovers (and forcing more turnovers), outscore your opponents, give your QB a chance to be good is all by winning in the trenches. Team can win with an average RB or even RB by committee, teams rarely win with a poor OL or DL. It's been ignored for far too long.
Thats my point with Murray out D-HOP likely gone we have to win on defense and running the ball Robinson is a once every ten-year type of runner start with him and then build the rest.
OL and DL draft picks flop year after year and often take time to develop. Cards need a sure bet type player to start this rebuild. They also need a player that is marketable who can be a fan favorite. Who better than arguably the best player the state has produced. A player that also plays a position of need.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
...a runningback

....at number 3 overall........

:bang:
:bang::bang:
I COULD CARE LESS WHERE HE IS DRAFTED IF HE IS A GOOD PLAYER. HE MAYBE THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER CARDS HAVE NEXT YEAR AND THE CONCERN IS HE WENT HIGHER THAN THE MOCK DRAFTERS SAID HE SHOULD. The way he was playing pre injury Breece Hall the jets rookie runner played like the best player in the draft. The only rookie playing at his level was his teammate, Sauce. Mock drafting is how player like Budda and DK fall only to become top 100 players. If someone can prove that Robinson is not a good player that is reason not to take him. His position should not dictate where he should be drafted. I would take Nelson the colts guard number 1 in a draft if i knew he was going to dominate for season after season like he has.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I COULD CARE LESS WHERE HE IS DRAFTED IF HE IS A GOOD PLAYER. HE MAYBE THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER CARDS HAVE NEXT YEAR AND THE CONCERN IS HE WENT HIGHER THAN THE MOCK DRAFTERS SAID HE SHOULD. The way he was playing pre injury Breece Hall the jets rookie runner played like the best player in the draft. The only rookie playing at his level was his teammate, Sauce. Mock drafting is how player like Budda and DK fall only to become top 100 players. If someone can prove that Robinson is not a good player that is reason not to take him. His position should not dictate where he should be drafted. I would take Nelson the colts guard number 1 in a draft if i knew he was going to dominate for season after season like he has.
You should if you want to build a winning team.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
You should if you want to build a winning team.
My concern is the players production on the field and how that translates to helping the team win as opposed to his draft position. I would rather have a pro bowl caliber guard over a average starter at pass rusher or avg CB. You win games in the NFL by drafting good players regardless of position. Games are not won by winning the mock draft break down segments after the draft. How many teams get A's and B's only to have those players bust after a season or two. Get the best talent coach that talent and win games. PERIOD

Last edited:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Barry Sanders would have no shot behind the current O-Line, so why waste an incredibly low draft pick on a runningback.

draft Carter, then draft olinemen and d-linemen