Bang! Cartoons - Cardinals edition

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, that was tasteless. For a writer it is always easier to go to the cheap shot rather than invest the time and use the brain cells to be clever and original.

Does Kurt swear? Well, he freely admits to it. He isn't perfect and he admits it. And then we have the stereotype "Brenda". A woman who served her country, has raised a disabled child to productive adulthood, volunteers her time rocking desperately ill infants in a hospital, and (here's the shocker) loves and supports her husband. (And who really doesn't need me to defend her. We all know she is more than capable of doing that herself.)

For all the time and money spent on this little production I'd have preferred something with a little more originality to it.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Well, that was tasteless. For a writer it is always easier to go to the cheap shot rather than invest the time and use the brain cells to be clever and original.

Does Kurt swear? Well, he freely admits to it. He isn't perfect and he admits it. And then we have the stereotype "Brenda". A woman who served her country, has raised a disabled child to productive adulthood, volunteers her time rocking desperately ill infants in a hospital, and (here's the shocker) loves and supports her husband. (And who really doesn't need me to defend her. We all know she is more than capable of doing that herself.)

For all the time and money spent on this little production I'd have preferred something with a little more originality to it.
Agreed and well put! Still it did make me laugh a little. :p

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
I LOVE the bang cartoons!

they are so funny and creative, good to laugh at this "serious" subject once in awhile, come on, lighten up!!:D

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they are so funny and creative, good to laugh at this "serious" subject once in awhile, come on, lighten up!!:D

I can't. My knickers are in a knot and I am Tragically Unhip. There will be a telethon for my fellow sufferers next week.
:D

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score

Well, I think you may be missing the point especially in contrast to how Warner and his wife are usually portrayed by those taking cheap shots.

I thought it was actually refreshing that, although shallow, Brenda was portrayed as a hottie. Warner's outbursts weren't about Warner they were about the ridiculous questions that reporters ask. It was also a nice parody because we all know it's the antithesis of how Warner actually talks to the media.

This was a pro-Warner, pro-Cardinals commentary by Bang!

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll be honest... I thought it was pretty tasteless as well. No knock on anyone who like them, it's just my opinion.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think it was very funny. It was one of their weaker efforts.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
For those that didn't care for it, I'm curious about any of the Bang!s that you do like as comparison. I thought it was right on par with much of the other content I've seen from them.

cardsfan89

Registered
Reaction score
I think we are all frustrated because we didn't get our happy ending. It's fun to watch cartoon Kurt cuss for us all and release some of the frustration

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
BANG cartoons are funny no matter who they are poking fun at. Actually just being in the cartoon for the AZ Cardinals is a good thing. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson