Bama can beat the Cardinals

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
That young man needs to focus on Clemson...if...IF, he is fortunate to play in the league, he will quickly find out how stupid his statement was.

Reactions: HGC

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
All kidding aside and regardless of how bad the previous coaching staff is, the level of talent is ridiculously different, as is the level of detail required to play in the NFL.

The worst player on any teams 53 man roster was most likely one of the best players on his college team.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Wilks as head coach anything was possible.

99.9% of the time, I would laugh at Alabama players making those comments. But, with the Wilks regime there, I’m prettty sure we would struggle to win. Now, put any other coach in the NFL on our sideline, even the ones that just got fired, and the current Cardinal team would kill them. Wilks group was that bad.

Last edited:

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand, here in San Diego, with a lousy, Mike McCoy lead Charger team, DJ Flunker (1st round tackle from Alabama) made a similar assertion, basically saying that Alabama was a "pro" program and his adjustment was going to be a piece of cake...learned really, REALLY quickly that he was in the deep end of the pool...couldn't hack it as an OT and had to move inside and has pretty much been a journeyman his entire career.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After one preseason game Leonard Fournette proclaimed the NFL game easy. How'd that work out for you, bruh?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
All kidding aside and regardless of how bad the previous coaching staff is, the level of talent is ridiculously different, as is the level of detail required to play in the NFL.

The worst player on any teams 53 man roster was most likely one of the best players on his college team.

Oh absolutely, I just think the Wilks regime marginalized our talent.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a matchup someday between the best college team and the worst NFL team. Just to shut the college players up once and for all.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand, here in San Diego, with a lousy, Mike McCoy lead Charger team, DJ Flunker (1st round tackle from Alabama) made a similar assertion, basically saying that Alabama was a "pro" program and his adjustment was going to be a piece of cake...learned really, REALLY quickly that he was in the deep end of the pool...couldn't hack it as an OT and had to move inside and has pretty much been a journeyman his entire career.

And DJ Fluker was a star tackle at Alabama. I have no idea who Alex Leatherwood is.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Even with Wilks as coach......COME ON.

You think Alabama would be able to handle Chandler Jones, Marcus Golden, Cory Peters and Rodney Gunter ?

What happens when Peterson completely shuts down half the field ?

Yes, our offense sucks, but Larry Fitzgerald would absolutely SCHOOL that team by himself. They would be chasing their own ass by the end of the game.

EDIT: And this kid is a OT? Mr. Leatherwood, meet Mr. Chandler Jones, he is going to eat your lunch, steel your lunch money, and then send you home to mom to get the rest of the money for the week.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is such a stupid thing. There is no way a college team beats any NFL team.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not uncommon for NCAA receivers to be completely open and the QBs feast on that. Tua trying to pass against PP with a Chandler Jones bearing down on him would be a different scenario altogether.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It's not uncommon for NCAA receivers to be completely open and the QBs feast on that. Tua trying to pass against PP with a Chandler Jones bearing down on him would be a different scenario altogether.

I guarantee Tua would come to the sideline laughing the first time Peterson picked off one of his passes. You do not see closing speed like that everyday.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Alabama wouldn't beat the Cardinals....Bama' would DESTROY the Cardinals.

Any and all of you thinking the Cards would win are by far the biggest homers in the world...nothing wrong with cheering and hoping for your team, but GET REAL.

Nick Saban's coaching vs. Wilks - Get REAL ...give Saban a week and he'd break down Wilks and the Cards.

The running game of Bama is far better than the Cards

The WR's are better

The D line is better - with only Chandler on the Cards side better ....but give Saban a week and he'd figure a way of locking Jones up.

The special teams is better - other than punter Lee is awesome.

Only the biggest homer would take the Cardinals...and I'd love to see an NFL team get embarrassed by a college team.

It'd make for an interesting game that many would pay for
32nd ranked NFL team
Vs.
College Champions

I would watch that...shoot I'd pay to see it!

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

32nd ranked NFL team
Vs.
College Champions

Lol no...no

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Any and all of you thinking the Cards would win are by far the biggest homers in the world...nothing wrong with cheering and hoping for your team, but GET REAL.

Nick Saban's coaching vs. Wilks - Get REAL ...give Saban a week and he'd break down Wilks and the Cards.

The WR's are better

The D line is better - with only Chandler on the Cards side better ....but give Saban a week and he'd figure a way of locking Jones up.

Only the biggest homer would take the Cardinals...and I'd love to see an NFL team get embarrassed by a college team.

32nd ranked NFL team
Vs.
College Champions

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with the Cardinals right now. I have zero faith in them, and the team from last season was HISTORICALLY bad, one of the worst ever.

That being said, college kids are not going to beat grown men who are professionals. End of story.

If you think so, you have never played sports past highschool.

I have played professionals, and the difference between your standard athletes and professionals is ENORMOUS.

Where I do agree, is that I would pay to see it, and it would be interesting.

I have an extremely strong feeling it would be the best Cardinals game we have seen in over a year, but hey, you never know.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The WR's are better

32nd ranked NFL team
Vs.
College Champions

You must be registered for see images attach

Open your eyes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson