Backup Team

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Ok, I need a backup team. I’ve been a die hard Suns fan for literally 50 years but I am frustrated. The Suns will always be my team but I’ve decided I need a backup team. I want to follow a team that is actually entertaining and somewhat competent. A team the might have a chance to improve and play in the real season on a regular basis.

My early front runner is the Pels but I welcome suggestions.

I just want to love watching basketball again. Is that too much to ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ok, I need a backup team. I’ve been a die hard Suns fan for literally 50 years but I am frustrated. The Suns will always be my team but I’ve decided I need a backup team. I want to follow a team that is actually entertaining and somewhat competent. A team the might have a chance to improve and play in the real season on a regular basis.

My back up team has been Golden State just because I was living near the Bay Area and that was the team on TV every night. The Phoenix Mercury are my other back up team. But if you want to love basketball again, I am not sure they are a good choice. For the first time ever I listened to a lot of ASU basketball last year and Luguentz Dort and the crew were fun. I think Bobby Hurley is going to have a heart attack on the court!

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Seriously.

Does anybody here believe the Suns will be better than the Pels this year or any time in the next 10 years?

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
My back up team has been Golden State just because I was living near the Bay Area and that was the team on TV every night. The Phoenix Mercury are my other back up team. But if you want to love basketball again, I am not sure they are a good choice. For the first time ever I listened to a lot of ASU basketball last year and Luguentz Dort and the crew were fun. I think Bobby Hurley is going to have a heart attack on the court!

Oh yeah. I watched all the Devils games and even went to 4 but I need a backup Pro team.

Come January I need a team to get me through those short cold Scottsdale days. I need to know that when my aas hits that sofa I will see a potentially exciting competitive Professional basketball game.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Honestly, this place is negative enough. I don't want to read people talking about their side piece basketball team.

Actually this is my attempt at creating a distraction from all the ugly Suns negativity.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually this is my attempt at creating a distraction from all the ugly Suns negativity.

Well... in my mind this is the opposite of distraction.
Seriously.

Does anybody here believe the Suns will be better than the Pels this year or any time in the next 10 years?

Maybe start a thread about us jumping on a band wagon in another sport. Lets all become fans of French league soccer.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
One of the ideas I have always had since I was a young kid is a favorite player. Recently I really enjoy watching KD. When he went to Golden State it was a winner for me! So another way to look at it, is not having to like a whole team, but say whenever Zion is on, you watch him play. Whoever you really like watching play. I hated the Lakers, but I really enjoyed Magic Johnson's play, plus they were the local team on in Yuma, so I watched almost every one of his games. Maybe just pick up a favorite player to watch.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
One of the ideas I have always had since I was a young kid is a favorite player. Recently I really enjoy watching KD. When he went to Golden State it was a winner for me! So another way to look at it, is not having to like a whole team, but say whenever Zion is on, you watch him play. Whoever you really like watching play. I hated the Lakers, but I really enjoyed Magic Johnson's play, plus they were the local team on in Yuma, so I watched almost every one of his games. Maybe just pick up a favorite player to watch.

Zion is a good candidate. This could work as long as he doesn’t play for one of the teams I hate.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
Once you adopt another team you will inherently adopt more until eventually becoming one of those fans that loves every team and is a “fan of the nba”

Just stick it out!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Once you adopt another team you will inherently adopt more until eventually becoming one of those fans that loves every team and is a “fan of the nba”

Just stick it out!
This. I stuck it out with Warriors (just like football Cards) for 30+ years before this run. Finally, LoyaltyisNOTaCurse :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Omg you’re becoming Andrew (was that the kid who kicked Shaq?)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Just stick it out!
Yeah my freaking brother in law. Somehow every team that’s good in every sport is his favorite. Eagles, Pats, warriors, cavs, packers and chiefs, Red Sox, Alabama, LSU (I mean Alabama and LSU?!? WTF?!?). It’s awful.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Omg you’re becoming Andrew (was that the kid who kicked Shaq?)
I dont know. I started watching basketball because I read a book about Wilt. Then Doctor J was my guy. I liked Barkley starting in Philly, and was in awe in Phoenix. Magic was a favorite. Then Nash. Then KD. Starting to find it hard to believe what Booker is doing so young in age. He keeps improving every season. If he manages to do this again this year, we are going to see some special basketball.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd suggest letting it happen naturally. Just start watching a bunch of games and when you find a team that excites you, start watching them regularly. I still do this although I don't watch anywhere near as much ball as I did in the previous 2 decades. Right now, the team I gravitate towards watching are the Hawks and I'm sure this year I'll watch a lot of the Zionicans too. But they'll never be the Suns for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave