Background Story on Gill - Good Read

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Typical offseason fluff piece for an unknown guy. The one caveat with it is that Gil comes with something every NFL team covets, and that is speed. We don't have it with our wide receiving corp so, unlike most of these camp guys, he does have a chance to stick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Typical offseason fluff piece for an unknown guy. The one caveat with it is that Gil comes with something every NFL team covets, and that is speed. We don't have it with our wide receiving corp so, unlike most of these camp guys, he does have a chance to stick.

Not if he can't catch the ball. Conspicuous for its absence is any mention of--you know--on-field production at any one of his stops.

Fluff piece, and Josh Weinfuss is really coming around as a writer and settling into a lane that isn't "Rick Reilly as a college sophomore". But there's really nothing to see here until there is.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
It ain't like we got much else to read. We could def use some speed on O.

OP
OP
RedRob

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It ain't like we got much else to read.

Exactly the reason I went to their home site (which I rarely do) - just looking for something Cardinal football related.

As mentioned I found it pretty funny there wasn't a stat one from his football production so I'll temper my expectations for now.

joko4

Registered
Reaction score
For instance, Cards line up four wide receivers, Fitz, Floyd, Roberts, and this Kid
and just for fun Housler is in also. Other team, what def. back are you going to
put on the 4.19, "kid", that's a little scary for anybody but the Cards.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not if he can't catch the ball. Conspicuous for its absence is any mention of--you know--on-field production at any one of his stops.

Fluff piece, and Josh Weinfuss is really coming around as a writer and settling into a lane that isn't "Rick Reilly as a college sophomore". But there's really nothing to see here until there is.

This is what I was getting at. Nice story, nothing of substance though until he shows something on the field. It is nice to see us looking to upgrade speed at WR however.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Maybe he can be a good gunner with that speed.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He did a Bickley and MJ interview a couple weeks ago. Yeah here it is: http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/sta...reation&PCAST_TITLE=Bickley_and_MJ_Interviews

Seems like a personable kid. Same age as Fitz. He's not afraid to proclaim himself "most explosive rookie in the NFL". Somebody will have to give the Rams the memo.

It's funny how I came away from an interview like that thinking "Aw man. That kid is gonna make the team and tear it up next to Fitz!" I guess that's the media doing their job - and a kid really selling himself. It was a year ago, I heard Byrd doing the same interview on Bickley and MJ, and me thinking he was a shoe in. And where is he? Still around I guess. Maybe that's what's in store for Gill. A couple years on the bubble. Maybe some practice squad. Or maybe like Arizona_Steve said, he takes the place of Swope as the lone burner on the team.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
interesting to see him go the opposite path as Richard Sherman. From DB to WR. Maybe DB is a better spot for him if he has trouble catching? Who knows. I always want every long-shot kid here to be the next Tom Brady. But his chances are slim. How big is he even?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I guess I am wondering if Gill can catch the ball consistently then what is the difference between him and Tavon Austin? Gill has speed to burn just like Austin. They are similar in size. Is Gill as elusive as Austin? If he is, then what is the big difference between the two?

How does one end up as a 1st round draft choice and the other can't even get to journeyman status?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I guess I am wondering if Gill can catch the ball consistently then what is the difference between him and Tavon Austin? Gill has speed to burn just like Austin. They are similar in size. Is Gill as elusive as Austin? If he is, then what is the big difference between the two?

How does one end up as a 1st round draft choice and the other can't even get to journeyman status?

One has played football at a very high level, the other couldn't get the ball in a number of semi-professional leagues that make the MAC Conference look like the NFC West.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard