AYTON TRADED!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He really should take some of his contract and hire a publicist to give him some media training. "Could've been worse"...really? Sounds like he's tossing shade at the Blazers organization.

No wonder the Suns traded him. He had it so bad, playing for a championship caliber team.

Other NBA teams had to know about the atmosphere which lowered his trade value.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I realize he didn't play, but was he announced and boo'd?

Maybe Deandre Ayton should have remained silent.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Working on your 3 ball?

This guy’s reality is skewed either by pride or a mental disorder.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This would work: "This is a great situation for me. I get to grow along side a bunch of young talented guys." Guess he doesn't understand the PR game that is dealing with the media..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize he didn't play, but was he announced and boo'd?

Working on your 3 ball?

This guy’s reality is skewed either by pride or a mental disorder.

I always chuckled when an argument was that the Suns didn’t feature Ayton enough with what he wanted to do… and mentioned him shooting threes as a reason for justifiable discontent.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
This freakin guy...

"They didn't just throw me anywhere. They threw me where guys are my age and learning good basketball and starting something new. It could've been worse. I really got blessed to be a part of an organization that really valued me."

DeAndre Ayton is 25 damn years old
Been in the league since 2018
Devin Booker is 26 years old
So wtf is he talking about?

Seriously tho - everything this ******* described just happened in Phx

But he's happy to have been sent to a kiddie table?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He really should take some of his contract and hire a publicist to give him some media training. "Could've been worse"...really? Sounds like he's tossing shade at the Blazers organization.

I doubt he’s throwing shade I just think he just doesn’t understand what he’s saying and how it gets construed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt he’s throwing shade I just think he just doesn’t understand what he’s saying and how it gets construed.
HH is right, DA does sound like he's throwing shade. And you're right, he didn't intend it, he just has no clue how it will be construed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sounded like a collective shrug to me.
Yeah I was going to say. No boos, but no cheers either. Indifference.

Although after his idiotic comments today, I wouldn't blame our fans if there were a few boos in there. We were frustrated by him, but we consistently hoped he would live up to his potential (and draft position). He never did.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
HH is right, DA does sound like he's throwing shade. And you're right, he didn't intend it, he just has no clue how it will be construed.

Based on the entire quote it doesn’t read as shade to me and I’m the furthest thing from a DA defender. I just think he doesn’t prepare at all for media stuff and says exactly what he’s thinking at the time which is why he’s Captain Eye Roll.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the entire quote it doesn’t read as shade to me and I’m the furthest thing from a DA defender. I just think he doesn’t prepare at all for media stuff and says exactly what he’s thinking at the time which is why he’s Captain Eye Roll.
Captain Eye Roll.. ha!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This would work: "This is a great situation for me. I get to grow along side a bunch of young talented guys." Guess he doesn't understand the PR game that is dealing with the media..
Obviously.

Constantly calling yourself Dominayton in the media when you have never really dominated anything in the NBA kind of makes that clear.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, I missed the context that the entire quote shows. It's still weak but as long as his teammates, organization and fans see the entire quote, they'll understand what he was trying to say.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yep. This is akin to his "how do you stay motivated after getting paid?" line. There is probably some truth to it, but it's not something you say out loud.

He doesn't think before he speaks.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Truly... what a goofball. You would think his agent would do a better job of trying to educate him on PR... or at least insulate him from circumstances where he's sticking his foot in his mouth.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard