AYTON TRADED!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns don’t win a championship this will go down as the biggest failure in the history of this franchise. So much young talent now all gone with no draft picks in sight and insane contracts on the books.

Ain’t no more pointing at Ayton saying he’s the reason we’ve fallen short. A lot of the board got what they wanted today. Could have had Sabonis two years ago and the Suns screwed this situation up bad.

It’s gonna be refreshing not having every game thread turn into an Ayton sucks rally. Enjoy Nurkic folks.

Oh well

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'M overthinking it? We literally just traded for him and I'm trying to find a silver lining. If you don't agree, then just say so. Don't make me out to be an idiot.
Chap - no ill intent was meant, and nobody made you out to be anything. I thought you were potentially over analyzing when occam's razoring it myself.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ayton’s stats are going up for no other reason than he’ll get more touches, but if he and Billups click, this is going to be borderline career ending for JJ

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Does anyone find it ironic considering the hate that has been displayed about DA over the past 4 years?

I don't like this trade. But want to reserve judgement because we cannot proceed with these 4 players without other moves.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You guys have been crying about Ayton getting traded for months. We ALL said we wouldn't get anywhere near equal value and you still cried.
Welp! Here we are.
Deal with it.
This is the exact trade we were ALWAYS gonna get if we traded him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ayton’s stats are going up for no other reason than he’ll he more touches, but if he and Billups click, this is going to be borderline career ending for JJ
Well, unless Ayton proves that what we all thought of him is true. He's going from a team that was a clear contender to one that won't even sniff the playoffs, so we'll see how his fragile psyche handles that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad trade for all teams IMO. Jrue is a beast of a perimeter defender who gave Booker and CP3 fits.

He’s the reason the Bucks beat. Once he started hounding CP3 Monty had no answers at all

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blazers could very well be a 6th-8th team, i get the front court is young, but now you add Ayton and Holiday, thats a somewhat solid team with no true superstar. Holiday and Ayton make Grant better as well.
Scoot, Simmons, Holiday, Grant, Ayton. Not bad.

Bucks get a flame thrower in there with the often injured Middleton, solid 3 there with little depth loss.

And the suns get shizz for this, at most a Jokic slower-downer...if healthy. This sucks.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ayton’s stats are going up for no other reason than he’ll get more touches, but if he and Billups click, this is going to be borderline career ending for JJ

Putting up empty stats for a loser team is perfect for him. No expectations and no bad history with the fans cause he wasn’t drafted by them. He might be the biggest winner here.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Bad trade for all teams IMO. Jrue is a beast of a perimeter defender who gave Booker and CP3 fits.
How is this bad for Portland? For all summer we've been hearing about Tyler Herro and picks or other junk for Lillard who was forcing his way out of town. They end up with Jrue, a legit all star, and Ayton, who could turn into something.

I don't know how this can be viewed as anything other than a big W for the Blazers, and a huge L for the Suns. Jury is still out for Milwaukee, but clearly they felt they needed to placate Giannis.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Putting up empty stats for a loser team is perfect for him. No expectations and no bad history with the fans cause he wasn’t drafted by them. He might be the biggest winner here.

I don’t think the Blazers are going to be some loser team next year. I actually really like that roster

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have been crying about Ayton getting traded for months. We ALL said we wouldn't get anywhere near equal value and you still cried.
Welp! Here we are.
Deal with it.
This is the exact trade we were ALWAYS gonna get if we traded him.
I didn’t want him traded - especially for crap

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t think the Blazers are going to be some loser team next year. I actually really like that roster
When Jerami Grant is your highest paid player, I'm not sure that's a recipe for success.

Of course, now that Ayton is on that team, he's going to be an all-star -- at least, that is going to be the theme around here for a while.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns fans need to be careful what they wish for. Most people consistently trashed DA around here, even when he was putting up double doubles, maturing as a young player, and we have pages and pages of posts of people dumping on him and wishing him gone. So here it is. A plate of crap in return for a solid player.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They’re going to be bad unless Scoot is generational from the go.
And what are they going to do with Scoot? Make him come off the bench? If they want to rebuild, they have to start him. And what does that mean for Jrue Holiday? And if they make Holiday the SG, what does that mean for Sharpe and Simons?