Atlanta Draft Pick Watch

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
woot go hawks keep losing :) I wonder if Joe Johnson has regreted going to the hawks by now heh

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Hornets 92,
You must be registered for see images attach
Hawks 86

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The hawks have some nice pieces in place with J.J.,Josh Smith,Marvin Williams & Childress.
Haven't seen em but for one game(SUNS loss) but i'm not sure why they're struggling thus far. I thought they'd be better.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Theyre young, lack team cohesion, have poor coaching, and a FO that doesnt know its head from its ass.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
And still after passing on both Chris Paul and Deron Williams a couple years ago, poor pg play.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Is there any doubt that this pick is going to end up at #9. That's the spot where we've made our best picks. I envision them hovering between 7 and 11 most of the season. It sucks that the odds will be so low for a top 3 pick, but when was the last time anything bounced our way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is there any doubt that this pick is going to end up at #9. That's the spot where we've made our best picks. I envision them hovering between 7 and 11 most of the season. It sucks that the odds will be so low for a top 3 pick, but when was the last time anything bounced our way.

amare and marion, right?

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And maybe Majerle?

Majerle was selected 14th in 1988. That's the year Steve Kerr went 50th and Avery Johnson actually went undrafted (and there were still three rounds back then). Also, Tito Horford was drafted that year which makes me feel old.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Suns have only had the 9th pick twice in their history. Oh and Tobiazz, your sig is ridiculous. Marion has never once complained about what he's making.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
Bottom line, Atlanta is not going to end up as poorly as they did last year unless Smith or Johnson gets injured. Last year they were, what, 4th from the bottom? But that was with JJ missing about 30 games. This year, I'm projecting they either just miss... or just make the playoffs.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joe Johnson hit a jumper at the buzzer as Atlanta beat Minnesota 90-89.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns have only had the 9th pick twice in their history. Oh and Tobiazz, your sig is ridiculous. Marion has never once complained about what he's making.

He made a trade demand because they have not extended him before this season started. Perhaps you missed that. I have been meaning to change my sig since the season started though.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Demanding an extension is not even close to being furious with his current salary.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
And I believe his trade demand was more in response to his name constantly being brought up in trade rumors summer after summer than anything else. He hasn't gone Vince on us and sucked it up to get traded, nor has he gone Kobe on us and repeatedly demanded a trade. You gotta respect him for that.

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
How about adding to the top entry the odds of winning the lottery pick, as calculated in Hollinger's playoff-odds chart? I see that the Suns chances jumped to 1.1% over the last day or two. Could be an interesting indicator to add.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Demanding an extension is not even close to being furious with his current salary.

You are correct. Of course my sig did not say he was angry about his current salary. It said he was angry about his max contract (i.e. not having an extension or simply the fact that he is stuck here).

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
They're within a game of .500 after tonight. Leaving the 10 worst teams in the dust.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
4 of their next 5 are against decent to good teams, so it'll be interesting to see how they hold up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, the Hawks are beating up on Orlando tonight in Orlando. My call... this team makes the playoffs, we say there was no one good enough to take who could contribute to a title team at pick 15 and we trade it away for cash.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Damn, that shot joe made against minny may have turned around their whole season. A young team like that would have started to fall apart had they lost that game at home.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Atlanta wins in Orlando. If they stay healthy, the Suns won't be getting a lottery pick. They need to trade it away before the season is over. Package it with Diaw.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison