Athlon Sports Rudolph #1 overall pick

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I can definitely see him going in the first round, maybe even to the Cardinals at #15 but he doesn't get the press or notoriety that Darnold , Rosen, Jackson or Allen does. I'd be SHOCKED if Browns took him at #1, much less #4. Some people think he's a 2nd rounder. New Browns GM would be putting his butt on the line if it didn't work out. This mock has Cardinals taking Josh Allen Wyoming QB at #15. He's athletic but has accuracy issues.... I think Rudolph goes to Buffalo or the Chargers... https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2018-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-predictions-updated

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Whatever that author is smoking must be good. I think Mason will go first round, but would be astonished if it was top 5.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score
This is their updated mock as of today, it's a big time magazine. Hard to believe they'd go out on a limb like that unless they got a scoop somehow...

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Rudolph is 8th ranked QB in Walterfootball rankings, and #1 QB on CBS. So huge discrepancies with him.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score
Rudolph is 8th ranked QB in Walterfootball rankings, and #1 QB on CBS. So huge discrepancies with him.
It's kind of weird, usually these mocks are fairly close together on the qb's, the discrepancies are more than usual...:confused:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's kind of weird, usually these mocks are fairly close together on the qb's, the discrepancies are more than usual...:confused:
its january,... folks will come closer to a consensus by april... personally I think Rudolph is a better prospect than he has gotten credit for... but we have all seen it before...some guy nobody has heard of at this point will likely end up being one of the top 3 or 4 QB's taken come draft time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If that's the case wouldn't you put Rosen or Darnold at #1?
more people might be interested in seeing how he justifies picking Rudolph at #1 rather than a rehashed mock having Rosen/Darnold at 1 and 2

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Broncos are coaching at the senior bowl so Rudolph and mayfield both have a good opportunity to impress... Broncos pick at 5...

did see a rumor somewhere that Denver might try and trade for Manning.... but I dont put much stock in it

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Pretty much following the trend from the last 3 to 4 years in the draft.

You can say that about a lot of players at a lot of positions.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score
Broncos are coaching at the senior bowl so Rudolph and mayfield both have a good opportunity to impress... Broncos pick at 5...

did see a rumor somewhere that Denver might try and trade for Manning.... but I dont put much stock in it
I'd be surprised if Broncos trade for Manning, but they could probably get him cheap as Giants probably drafting a qb. I could see them take Mayfield before Rudolph as he's way more mobile. On the flipside they scouted Rudolph at several games so who knows

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard