At least one SI writer actually watches the Cardinals

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And no, it is not Peter King.

From Don Banks, in an article about the pressure on Shanahan now that he has "his" QB:

"The tricky part is that Shanahan doesn't want the razzle-dazzle version of Plummer who was always playing from behind in Arizona, usually after helping put his team into an early hole with a couple of big mistakes."

The rest of the article:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/don_banks/news/2003/03/05/shanahan_plummer/

Of course, Peter King is still at it - someone from Phx called him out on his Plummer-praise:

"YOU'RE A LOON. PLUMMER STINKS. From Jim Kloss of Phoenix. "I just read your take on Plummer, and you HAVE to print this letter and answer it! I like your columns, but you have to be putting something in your Starbucks before drinking it; I have no other explanation. What Cardinals games have you been watching? Plummer is not just the worst starting QB in the NFL -- he is worse than at least 10 backups. Plummer is not someone who just had a bad year or two and is still young. He is a six-year veteran. His performance has steadily declined. His offensive line has been OK, especially last year. Plummer is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL."

Time will tell. No quarterback is ever great in a bad environment. "

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose