ASU's New Head Coach Is Kenny Dillingham

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He should hire Jason Mohns on condition he brings all his kids from Saguaro with him. He fits Dilly's criteria of being an ASU alum.
Mohns is likely to be on staff. We have the local guys, now we need to get some big time national recruiters.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Dillingham tries to pull a name out of the hat for QB. Regardless, we're basically starting from scratch from a recruiting and team building perspective.
Definitely a different energy and vibe which will hopefully lead to a program built with talent and as much depth as can be maintained in the transfer portal era

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys mentioned Ty Thompson as a transfer but what about Butterfield? Pretty highly rated in his own right I think .

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

A bit of surprise based upon his teams' performances at Cal and Cal Poly, arguably with not enough talent to compete, but KD must see something, perhaps the passing attack's success as shown at Eastern Washington:

" Baldwin spent 2008-16 as the head coach at Eastern Washington, where his passing offenses powered some of the best teams in FCS. The Eagles won the national championship in 2010 and reached the semifinals in 2012, 2013, and 2016."

Also found this:

"
Notably, he coached current Los Angeles Rams receiver Cooper Kupp in the final four years of his career at EWU, helping the wideout set FCS records for receptions (428) and receiving yards (6,464) in a career.

He made the leap to become assistant head coach and offensive coordinator at California and had several different job titles at the Pac-12 school from 2017-19."

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

:sparky:

Thanks for posting. I was struck by his comment that he said he is not going to be focusing on making sure our current players don't leave via the portal. He says he wants people who really want to be here.

He is a big fan of the transfer portal and says it should be used by player when coaches do not keep their recruiting promises. He is looking for some of these big AZ highly touted names to come back to ASU after they become dissatisfied elsewhere. I like him laying that groundwork for the future, but hopefully he can get us some guys to help right now too.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose