ASU v BYU

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Herm should be embarrassed. That is the most undisciplined team ever. They had more penalties than points if you count the ones that were declined. That's absolutely pathetic.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Program is in disarray. Team is undisciplined. They have lost the next recruiting class due to the recruiting scandals. Time to shakeup and get rid of the coaching staff including Herm and AD Ray Anderson.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What, 17 penalties and 3 in row false starts in the 2nd to last drive. That was pathetic. Yeah the crowd was loud but they need to have some sort of plan for that.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ASU should have won by 14 or more. But turnovers, blown coverages, and most of all the sheer number of penalties was just embarrassing. For the OC to keep the QB in shotgun and have false start after false start is a joke.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU should have won by 14 or more. But turnovers, blown coverages, and most of all the sheer number of penalties was just embarrassing. For the OC to keep the QB in shotgun and have false start after false start is a joke.
Or maybe the players should stop false starting?

@Ouchie-Z-Clown is dead on. Daniels is overrated and has shown very little improvement from his first starts. He does not make the players around him any better as evidenced by the very mediocre output from the heralded WR group.

a very disappointing effort to say the least

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This was embarrassing. 36 penalties in 3 games and that’s not even talking about all the blown plays.

I love when we call the Hand off to nobody. Works every time.

I honestly wasn’t even mad watching this just more of sitting in silent and being amazed how incompetent this team was and it’s 100% on the coaching staff
A stat that would make Dennis Erickson proud

TJ

Reaction score
Didnt want to be the first to say it, but I never got the allure of Daniels. He's above average at most QB skills, but nothing sticks out and says, "man, this guy is a shoo-in for Heisman!" Plus, how the hell is someone that skinny and not a pancake playing football?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt want to be the first to say it, but I never got the allure of Daniels. He's above average at most QB skills, but nothing sticks out and says, "man, this guy is a shoo-in for Heisman!" Plus, how the hell is someone that skinny and not a pancake playing football?

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen any ASU fans on the forum talking about Jayden Daniels winning the Heisman Trophy.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen any ASU fans on the forum talking about Jayden Daniels winning the Heisman Trophy.
Still can’t understand how Kiper has Daniels as his #4 QB in his draft ranking???

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still can’t understand how Kiper has Daniels as his #4 QB in his draft ranking???

I really haven't seen his draft rankings. I'm not sure how he puts Daniels there.

Maybe it's based on height, arm and athletic ability?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Not the asu fans I've spoken with.
I mean, you can find die hard sunshine pumpers for every team, but that doesn't mean that it's the norm.

I can assure you, the vast majority of ASU fans have been pretty realistic about Daniels and this team. I bet less than 10% thought he had a real chance of the Heisman.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, you can find die hard sunshine pumpers for every team, but that doesn't mean that it's the norm.

I can assure you, the vast majority of ASU fans have been pretty realistic about Daniels and this team. I bet less than 10% thought he had a real chance of the Heisman.
He had a 0% chance at the Heisman. I don’t think most thought has was even the best QB in the PAC.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Add that to the NCAA investigation and it comes to almost 0% as @AZCB34 indicates.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He is checkdown charlie. Just such a boring QB to watch.

I think it's time to move on from Herm. We have learned he can build a great looking, .500 football team.

TJ

Reaction score

I think it's time to move on from Herm. We have learned he can build a great looking, .500 football team.

Dont think you'll have to worry about that. The NCAA will make sure he "retires" at the end of the season.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Who should take the job that will get this team to where you think they should be?

Herm is like 20-14 or something like that. I am not saying his job is guaranteed or anything but who can really do better? No matter how many people want to believe it, ASU is not really some sleeping giant. The program is what it is.

I don’t think the investigation necessarily costs him his job.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OT: BYU loses to Boise State today 26-17 in Provo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose