ASU to Play Florida State in Sun Bowl

OP
OP
Raindog

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bummer, even if it's understandable.

The bowl games are turning into little more than a watered down, early preview of next year's teams, what with all the best players sitting them out.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And backup QB Joey Yellen is entering the transfer portal.

Man, hate to see him go. But you could tell from the one game he started this year that he is bigtime, he will be playing in the NFL someday, let's just hope that he transfers outside the PAC 12.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And backup QB Joey Yellen is entering the transfer portal.

Man, hate to see him go. But you could tell from the one game he started this year that he is bigtime, he will be playing in the NFL someday, let's just hope that he transfers outside the PAC 12.

It's sad to see Yellen leave but can't blame him. He committed before Jayden Daniels. Agree, he should have a nice career.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug Haller‏Verified account @DougHaller

Herm Edwards said he had a good conversation w/ Joey Yellen and told him that if transfer didn't work out he'd be welcome to stay. Edwards said that's why they brought in 3 QBs in 2019 class. Added it's important to sign a QB in each class, and he's confident they will do so.

10:45 AM - 16 Dec 2019

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Doug Haller‏Verified account @DougHaller

Herm Edwards said he had a good conversation w/ Joey Yellen and told him that if transfer didn't work out he'd be welcome to stay. Edwards said that's why they brought in 3 QBs in 2019 class. Added it's important to sign a QB in each class, and he's confident they will do so.

10:45 AM - 16 Dec 2019

Yep, it goes both ways. If players can basically leave whenever they want then coaches have to cover their butts.

OP
OP
Raindog

Raindog

Reaction score
Uggh. That's what happens when you have to play your scrubs because the starter is sitting out the bowl game. At least ASU got it back on the end zone pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that's the way to turn it around with the interception. The ball was at about the 2 yard line where Florida State snapped it.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I need to quit checking this since I'm standing in line for some chicken at Jollibees. Anyway more or less a look at next season for us. I'd specifically like to see how Robertson is going to respond, knowing Jordan Banks is coming in next year.

OP
OP
Raindog

Raindog

Reaction score
Kearse-Thomas not too sharp. Lucky he didn't get ejected.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was not helmet to helmet contact. I didn't see any targeting and none called.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson