ASU should move to #5 in the new BCS

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Go

With losses by #6 South Carolina, #7 Kentucky and #2 South Florida this week they should slide down, especially considering that SC and SF lost to unranked teams. We should move from #8 #5 because of their slide. LSU still has Auburn tonight a loss by them and we should be looking at #4!

With #2 BC plays at #11 Virginia Tech next week and #1 Ohio State playing at Penn St. it's very realistic that they both slip up and a win over Cal for homecoming moves us to #1!

yes, I know i'm getting ahead of myself here, but it isn't far feched
________
Vermont Dispensaries

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy LSU win. Auburn deserved to lose for the cheap shot by their center roling up the back of Glenn Dorsey's knee. What a game.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Crazy LSU win. Auburn deserved to lose for the cheap shot by their center roling up the back of Glenn Dorsey's knee. What a game.

Do you really think that was intentional? It didn't look like it.

I'm bummed LSU won, it would've (obviously) been helpful for ASU if they went down.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you really think that was intentional? It didn't look like it.

I'm bummed LSU won, it would've (obviously) been helpful for ASU if they went down.
Of course I do. How could it not be? Stand him up then dive at him? What did the center stumble?

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

Reaction score
Go

#5 in the country is SOLID!

1. Ohio St - Plays a tough Penn St team at Penn St
2. Boston College - Plays #11 Virginia Tech in VT
3. LSU - 1 loss
4. Oklahoma - 1 loss
5. ASU - has CALfor homecoming after a BYE against a dejected CAL club withou tmuch to play for

A win over Cal should leap frog us over LSU and Oklahoma due to their loss' and it's very possible 1 or both of the top two slip up and move us up further than #3! With quality wins over CAL, Oregon and UCLA it's not far fetched to say we could be looking at facing USC at home in a game involving the #1 ball club in the nation...but this time it's US!
________
Kartess

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
If ASU beats Cal, especially if they beat them big, and Ohio St and Boston College lose, and ASU isn't #1, its a joke.

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

Reaction score
Go

I could see the genious that be the BCS having LSU #1. With wins over Oregon and UCLA our strength of schedule should move us to 1
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cal is a good team. ASU hasn't really proven anything yet. This will be a very tough game.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
The Oregon game is the one that worries me the most. They look very good. Hope we have a good plan for Dennis Dixon. I can't see how anybody slows down that offense. That will be the big test for ASU's celebrated defense.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
It is official. ASU is ranked #4 in the new BCS poll! OR is 5 with OKlahoma #6. Apparently the computers aren't convinced with as weak win over a terrible Iowa State team for Oklahoma.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the radio I heard we were ranked #7 in all the polls and Oregon was #5.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
The AP and the USA today poll both have ASU 7 and Oregon 5. The BCS has ASU 4th and Oregon 5th.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its just fantatsic that we are able to talk about ASU in this manner. It would be so SWEET if they could run the table.

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

Reaction score
Go

Sure would've been nice to have LSU lose last night, but #4 is even better than I expected. I have to think a win over cal would move us above LSU with their loss
________
WEED

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I anything I am more concerned w/ ORE than CAL, both and USC is going to determine where we rank in the PAC 10.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
love to see the #4 ranking and the signing of elway. that's quite a one-two combo for headlines, program visibility, and recruiting. that said, the elway kid is a good, but not great recruit and we're likely WAAAAY overrated at #4 (but it's fun). oregon, cal, usc scare the bejeezus outta me, but less so under erickson than they did under koetter.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
love to see the #4 ranking and the signing of elway. that's quite a one-two combo for headlines, program visibility, and recruiting. that said, the elway kid is a good, but not great recruit and we're likely WAAAAY overrated at #4 (but it's fun). oregon, cal, usc scare the bejeezus outta me, but less so under erickson than they did under koetter.

Ya I agree we are probably overrated at 4 conisdering we haven't really beat any big talent. But with a coach like Erickson, maybe he can convince these kids that they are still underrated and need to go out and show the world. Regardless, its a nice time to be a Devil fan.....cause Erickson has sure turned this program around quick. I don't think we are as good as our ranking, but I would love to be proven wrong.

okcardzona

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It is official. ASU is ranked #4 in the new BCS poll! OR is 5 with OKlahoma #6. Apparently the computers aren't convinced with as weak win over a terrible Iowa State team for Oklahoma.

BS ,, ASU did'nt even play and they move ahead of OU. Oklahoma has a bye week this week ,So I guess We will move back in front.
BCS is BS

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson