ASU New Coach - Todd Graham from Pitt

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From my brother:
:notworthy:

Thanks for posting something positive. I have read all the negative stuff and am ready to move on. I appreciate all the points, but it seems enough is enough already.

Time to start getting excited about next season. This guy is a major step up from Erickson. Not necessarily on the x's and o's. But in terms of energy and discipline. I am looking forward to see ASU on the field next year!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes $0 per year to be intelligent.

Make intelligent hires, the program will start to win, the money will flow in. You don't throw money at bad leaders, bad coaches, etc. and then hope they become good.

Again, takes money to fix those problems. ASU can't afford to buy out Love right now. Problems linger when you don't have money to fix it, and most of ASU's sugar daddies are either bankrupt or in jail. If boosters were lining up to pour money into ASU's coffers, they would have much more say in how this department is run. As it stands, two boosters almost had 100 percent say because they were the only ones ready to pay for something big. That's an imbalance that has to be fixed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any news about who Graham might bring on or keep as assistants. I believe it was Matt Self who tweaked my interest, that someone of importance might be joining Graham. I sure could use a little good news today.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard that Mike Norvell (OC) attended practice with Graham today.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Again, takes money to fix those problems. ASU can't afford to buy out Love right now. Problems linger when you don't have money to fix it, and most of ASU's sugar daddies are either bankrupt or in jail. If boosters were lining up to pour money into ASU's coffers, they would have much more say in how this department is run. As it stands, two boosters almost had 100 percent say because they were the only ones ready to pay for something big. That's an imbalance that has to be fixed.

They never should've extended her though, thats what Im saying about being intelligent is free.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keith Peterson is most likely coming with Graham to ASU as DC.

As I understand it, he is acting as the interim HC coach at Pitt. I wonder if he might be a candidate for the HC position there or might want to remain at Pitt. I have zero knowledge of the situation.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They never should've extended her though, thats what Im saying about being intelligent is free.

I disagree with none of your criticisms. Just pointing out it still takes money to undo bad decisions.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard that Mike Norvell (OC) attended practice with Graham today.

He resigned at Pitt. Dodge to call plays there. Norvell to be OC at ASU.

The hires I mentioned can't happen until first week of January.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
As I understand it, he is acting as the interim HC coach at Pitt. I wonder if he might be a candidate for the HC position there or might want to remain at Pitt. I have zero knowledge of the situation.

He claims he wants the HC gig, but I think Pitt will want a clean sweep from the Graham staff.

Early names being floated around for the Pitt job are Paul Rhoads and Sal Sunseri.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He resigned at Pitt. Dodge to call plays there. Norvell to be OC at ASU.

The hires I mentioned can't happen until first week of January.

Still teasing me with potential hires. However, I can wait until the first week of January to see what happens. :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still teasing me with potential hires. However, I can wait until the first week of January to see what happens. :)

Don't mean to tease, just don't want to betray confidences because no job has been offered. Yet. It's in the works, though. One name you would know if you've been a serious ASU fan for any amount of time. The other name you probably wouldn't know unless you follow West Coast recruiting.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Don't mean to tease, just don't want to betray confidences because no job has been offered. Yet. It's in the works, though. One name you would know if you've been a serious ASU fan for any amount of time. The other name you probably wouldn't know unless you follow West Coast recruiting.
Dan Cozzetto?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The whole selection process makes me sick. If I was an AD, I would have a folio of all potential candidates I would want to pursue and update it all the time. For Erickson, who knows if he was going to keel over with a heart attack or get hit by a dump truck. Always be prepared in case something happens.

My understanding of how this went down was Graham contacted ASU about the job Tuesday. He was delivered Wednesday. If he didn't raise his hand. we still wouldn't be close to hiring a coach.

Lisa Love doesn't have the skills, power, or foresight to be an effective AD.

ROFL I was going to post almost the same thing, even Erickson and a heart attack.

The other thing it helps with is get the person making the hiring more familiar with the whole situation, the other coaches, their strengths, versus your current one, and you can judge yours and theirs on a continual basis as events transpire over time.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, I only say that because Haller reported Cozzetto was a HC candidate.

What? No he didn't. He reported the Seattle Times reported he was a candidate, but Haller never passed that on based on his own sources. I actually saw that ridiculous story happen. Someone asked Coz if he was interested and Coz said yes. They Tweet the quote, and Bob Condotta turns it onto "Coz is a candidate" story.

He was never a candidate. He did want the job and even had Sarkisian call the ASU office on his behalf, but he was never considered.

Trust me, he's never allowed back on this campus. Ever again.

EDIT: Well, you're probably going to have an opportunity to make me eat crow, because Coz is telling people he's joining ASU as O-line coach. I don't see how that's possible considering how many Arizona coaches he corrupted against ASU upon his exit from here. In the meanest, vile way a recruiter could do it: "I just left ASU, and let me tell you all the dirt on that program ..."

Last edited:

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
What? No he didn't. He reported the Seattle Times reported he was a candidate, but Haller never passed that on based on his own sources. I actually saw that ridiculous story happen. Someone asked Coz if he was interested and Coz said yes. They Tweet the quote, and Bob Condotta turns it onto "Coz is a candidate" story.

He was never a candidate. He did want the job and even had Sarkisian call the ASU office on his behalf, but he was never considered.

Trust me, he's never allowed back on this campus. Ever again.
This is what he reported:

Was told that many in the recently established ASU Legacy Committee pushed for Washington assistant Dan Cozzetto, a former ASU assistant.

Don't know exactly what the 'ASU Legacy Committee' is, but seems like there was some interest. Why wouldn't he be allowed to come on campus exactly? Sandusky 2.0?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what he reported:

Don't know exactly what the 'ASU Legacy Committee' is, but seems like there was some interest. Why wouldn't he be allowed to come on campus exactly? Sandusky 2.0?

LOL. Not Sandusky bad. Just a really negative recruiter, and one that torched ASU all over Phoenix after he left the second time.

The Legacy Committee is the former players, led by Scott Peters and Juan Roque. They both played for Coz, so no surprise they endorsed him. But I talked to Juan, and even he admitted he spoke to Coz and knew he was never a serious candidate.

If they bring back Coz, maybe admins are holding their nose and giving a nod to the players.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
LOL. Not Sandusky bad. Just a really negative recruiter, and one that torched ASU all over Phoenix after he left the second time.

The Legacy Committee is the former players, led by Scott Peters and Juan Roque. They both played for Coz, so no surprise they endorsed him. But I talked to Juan, and even he admitted he spoke to Coz and knew he was never a serious candidate.

If they bring back Coz, maybe admins are holding their nose and giving a nod to the players.
When I used to follow scouting a lot more, I always saw Cozzetto's name pop up when it came to recruiting, so I assume he could be a valuable acquisition, in that regard. I don't necessarily consider Graham an honest person, but he did mention getting former players more involved with the program, so maybe this is an example of that. Didn't he coach WR's before?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard