ASU getting a visit from Renardo Sidney?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivals is reporting he'll attend the Saturday game at ASU against Cal.
Sidney is rated the top player in the 2009 class, he played with Harden last year in HS but transferred to a new school this year. I am not sure if he ever played for Pera I think Scott had already taken the ASU job before Sidney enrolled. He plays for Fairfax this year.

he's attended several USC and UCLA games both schools are reportedly recruiting him but nobody knows how seriously.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sidney is rated the top player in the 2009 class, he played with Harden last year in HS but transferred to a new school this year. I am not sure if he ever played for Pera I think Scott had already taken the ASU job before Sidney enrolled. He plays for Fairfax this year.

he's attended several USC and UCLA games both schools are reportedly recruiting him but nobody knows how seriously.

Thats VERY good news... Harden seems like a hell of a guy, hopefully, he helps sell the campus, Program, and women...

I don't know how legit of a chance he really has of coming here... but hey, I thought the same thing about Harden...

GO DEVILS!

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
Come on Prince James, make it happen buddy! I'm sure there is probably a less than 1% chance of him coming here, but talk your boy into it. This team would be scary next season with Harden, Pendy and Sidney. Regardless if he were to come to ASU, I still think it speaks volumes about the state of the program when the top rated recruit is even willing to come take a look at it. I am very excited about the direction this program is heading in. Great Job Sednek!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Texas, Ohio State, and USC are his other offers, hmmm. I doubt he's coming to ASU and it won't be because of basketball. Russ and myself have been saying for quite awhile now that whatever games this kid wins will one day end up being forfeited anyways, Herb could do better for a big in 2009.

And Pendergraph won't be in Tempe in 2009 and it's very doubtful Harden will either unless he's playing for the Suns.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Prince James, make it happen buddy! I'm sure there is probably a less than 1% chance of him coming here, but talk your boy into it. This team would be scary next season with Harden, Pendy and Sidney. Regardless if he were to come to ASU, I still think it speaks volumes about the state of the program when the top rated recruit is even willing to come take a look at it. I am very excited about the direction this program is heading in. Great Job Sednek!

He's 09 he's a junior now he'll be a senior next year.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texas, Ohio State, and USC are his other offers, hmmm. I doubt he's coming to ASU and it won't be because of basketball. Russ and myself have been saying for quite awhile now that whatever games this kid wins will one day end up being forfeited anyways, Herb could do better for a big in 2009.

And Pendergraph won't be in Tempe in 2009 and it's very doubtful Harden will either unless he's playing for the Suns.

Supposedly he actually has zero offers. Ohio State reportedly had offered him but that's never been confirmed. His dad is very close to Mike Conley the agent who's son Mike Conley JR played for Ohio State last year. Sidney also has ties to Master P(thus USC being on the list).

Jeff Goodman of Fox sports wrote a while back that the only school seriously recruiting was USC, but since then apparently UCLA started recruiting him again. The rumor that was in the papers was Howland asked him for a 2 year commitment which was you have 2 years left in HS, stay clean, get good grades, no fights, no offcourt issues, don't break any rules and we'll see if you can play for UCLA. Since that rumor Sidney has been in a fight with a teammate, and has been consistently panned by scouts for being lazy.

But near as I can tell UCLA is still watching him. His dad is who everyone is scared of it sure looks like his dad is using Renardo to try and get a payday but who knows.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He & Jeremy Tyler are 2 guys I hope end up in Arizona. Tyler has USC & UCLA on top his list and Sidney's probably looks the same. There were questions about both players work ethic and possible contact w/ agents. Also I belive Mike Conley Sr might convince Sidney to commit to OSU.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Sidney is a guy I would not want to have in my program until things get situated with him and all the problems he brings to a program.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score

Scott Pera never coached Sidney. Scott was already gone before Sidney enrolled at Artesia. Only ties Sidney has to ASU is James Harden. Sidney and Harden were very good friends at Artesia. Sidney referred to Harden as his "big brother". Doubt he ends up at ASU. Harden won't be around by the time Sidney goes to college.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
There is an "In" article on scout's webpage about Sidney's visit. Anyone care to summarize?