ASU Baseball

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any coaches out there that can turn this program around?

I'm not following the other coaches so I can't say who. However, ASU should be an above .500 program based upon tradition. They should be able to recruit.

Maybe there is a successful JC coach with links to recruiting. It worked with Jim Brock.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These comments were a bit discouraging for me as I was hoping for a change.

“Yeah,” Smith said when asked if he had received assurances of a fifth season as coach from Anderson and the school’s administration. “But I won’t steal his thunder. I’ll let him speak his own words on that, but yeah.”

Usually, when an athletic director holds a press conference just days after an unsuccessful season, it’s bad news for a struggling coach. But it would be a surprise if Anderson did anything but offer Smith a vote of confidence when he meets with the media on Tuesday, a move that would kill the speculation about Smith’s job security for the summer.

https://arizonastate.rivals.com/new...onference-after-tracy-smith-says-he-will-back

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some history from Jeff Metcalfe.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ASU AD Ray Anderson says Tracy Smith will remain as baseball coach. Still believes Smith has a good plan.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it's all about recruiting even if Smith doesn't win. Hmm.

zcentral sports‏Verified account@azcsports

#ASU's Ray Anderson on firing Todd Graham, but retaining Tracy Smith: "You've got to recruit and recruit at a high level. We're recruiting at a very high level in baseball. We weren't in football."

ASU had three players drafted in 2018 under Graham.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's funny is that Graham actually brought in much higher ranked recruits than his predecessors....

I guess his last NFL draft class came a year too late for Graham. However, I think it was more of an excuse to buy him out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I guess his last NFL draft class came a year too late for Graham. However, I think it was more of an excuse to buy him out.

I think if you look at how the talent was rated, the results are more indicative of a guy who's not really that good of a coach. I mean, his specialty was defense and ASU's defense was nearly always atrocious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if you look at how the talent was rated, the results are more indicative of a guy who's not really that good of a coach. I mean, his specialty was defense and ASU's defense was nearly always atrocious.

I suddenly realize we are on the ASU baseball thread. :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave