Assuming it is down to the final three (Poll)

Who do you want the Cardinals to hire?

• Mike Kafka

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Brian Flores

Votes: 38 36.9%

• Total voters

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If that was the case why not interview them in one of the earlier windows? Both have already interviewed for other jobs.
Agree 100%. Should have definitely been done that way……….but we can never lose sight of the fact that this is the Cardinals we’re talking about :bang:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again I respect your opinion, but that’s your beliefs. I’m talking about the perception of the situation.
You probably can’t “ make” a Payton or Quinn accept a situation, but perhaps you can convince young guy with aspirations to be a HC.

Perception is in the high of the beholder.

You see a bunch of guys turned us down. I see a bunch of guys that were likely never going to be the guy except Payton.

A big chunk of HC hires aren't the guy at the top of the list.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You see a bunch of guys turned us down. I see a bunch of guys that were likely never going to be the guy except Payton.

Yes perception is in the eye of the beholder. And in most eyes( right or wrong) it looks like a s*** storm.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure of that. Michael & Keim interviewed & hired VJ. Kliff was just along for the ride.

He was 100% not forced on Kliff. Never has Kliff said this. Never has anyone anywhere even intimated this. Never has there been a hint that Kliff didn't want him or wanted to get rid of him.

You can argue that Kliff had no defensive connection and so asked Keim to help. But he was in on the interview. He had a choice. It was a choice from a weak hand but there is not the slightest evidence it was forced on him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes perception is in the eye of the beholder. And in most eyes( right or wrong) it looks like a s*** storm.

It looks like most hiring cycles for most teams, just delayed because we couldn't start until Jan 17th while getting a GM in place.

Interview a bunch of guys, some drop out, some take other jobs and you pick from what's left. Seems to me that's how most of them go for all teams.

The Cards started 10 days behind all other teams because of the GM situation. I don't think that's unreasonable. In terms of number of days actually searching for a head coach we're still less than Denver and Houston.

Our first interview was on the 17th. It's been 21 days.

It's not ideal, but it is what it is. They had to get a GM in first.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watched some interviews with these guys and I think Kafka has the right temperament to work with Kyler so I'd go with him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was 100% not forced on Kliff. Never has Kliff said this. Never has anyone anywhere even intimated this. Never has there been a hint that Kliff didn't want him or wanted to get rid of him.

You can argue that Kliff had no defensive connection and so asked Keim to help. But he was in on the interview. He had a choice. It was a choice from a weak hand but there is not the slightest evidence it was forced on him.
I never said it was forced on him. All I’m saying is that MB/SK convinced Kliff that a guy with HC experience would be beneficial to him as a first time NFL HC. Kliff had zero clue when it came to picking a staff, so the owner & GM were heavily involved.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Lol “never going to be the guy” . . . why? Because they didn’t want the cardinals job for what the cardinals offered or whatever the reason. Long story short, Mikey didn’t break up with them they broke up with us. Seems like you don’t want to accept that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose