ASFN NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put my picks in. It always seems that the more thought I put into these NCAA brackets, the worse I do. So, I went with first impressions all the way.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up with Kansas winning the whole thing. That is chalk, but it ain't Ohio State or Florida.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had them as well. They seem to have great players, but i'm not sure about their size.

Is there much size in the tournament at all?

I have Kansas beating Niagra in game 1, who has no size.

The have them playing Villanova who has no size and one of their guards doubtful. This game is tough for me since I had Villanove as a dark horse to advance to 16 until I saw the Kansas matchup.

Then I have Kansas meeting Va Tech, a guard oriented team. I love Seth Greenburg as Hokie coach, but ....

Fianlly hooking up against Pittsburgh who does have size up front.

Then it is final four and a semi against Florida .

My final 4 is all chalk. Kansas, Florida, Ohio State and Georgetown.

The size factor then will come into play, but I think it will be decided by guard play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Florida.

The other thing is keeping track of injuries, UCLA has 2 injured starters Collison and Shipp, both will play. Marquette's starting guard McNeal apparently will not play in the first round, out with an ankle still, averaged over 14 PPG this year.

I'll probably regret it but I picked Butler to win 2 games, and then just changed it to them losing to ODU in the first round and Maryland taking out ODU in round 2. Just a hunch, Butler had a great year and they'll probably now win those 2 games just to spite me.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Florida.

The other thing is keeping track of injuries, UCLA has 2 injured starters Collison and Shipp, both will play. Marquette's starting guard McNeal apparently will not play in the first round, out with an ankle still, averaged over 14 PPG this year.

I'll probably regret it but I picked Butler to win 2 games, and then just changed it to them losing to ODU in the first round and Maryland taking out ODU in round 2. Just a hunch, Butler had a great year and they'll probably now win those 2 games just to spite me.

What I remember most about Butler is that they won the preseason NIT by beating Gonzaga who beat UNC.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texas is going to shock some people, and have a light schedule to get to the sweet 16. I have them getting to the final 4.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only #1 I've got making the final 4 is Florida and I like them to beat Georgetown in the finals.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. I survived the first day. 13-3. BTW never pick with your emotions, because Gonzaga sucks. I lucked out with VCU. Marquette will end up killing me. I had them going to the Final 8.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard