Around MLB 2019

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The secret to baseball success is in the pitching staff. Everything else is secondary.
The Diamondbacks have great hitting, fielding, and baserunning. Even a reasonable bullpen, but the starting rotation is a shell of a competitive team's staff. This World Series is particularly irksome in that regard, since half the pitchers are our former pitchers and it is the one thing we now lack. Just look at the pitching talent on display in this series, and it's no mystery why these teams are there. Our roster is better than these, otherwise.

Cole, Verlander, Greinke vs Scherzer, Strasburg, Corbin

Even our former thrown away managers are coaching in this series (Hinch, Hale)

I have a lot of faith in Hazen and Lovullo, and think they'll do quite well if we can just bring in and pay the tab to retain quality starting pitching. We can't keep on being the farm system for the coastal teams.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad to see Washington is going to win and be up 2 games to none. Eaton hit a homerr and Rodney pitched a shutout inning. Have to pull for the Nationals due to the five former Diamondbacks playing for them.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Antonio Brown of front offices...let's see how spectacularly I can kill my career.

Same with the umpire who tweeted his resignation in the form of assault weapons and civil war

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Antonio Brown of front offices...let's see how spectacularly I can kill my career.

Same with the umpire who tweeted his resignation in the form of assault weapons and civil war
I saw that. The dude is not right in the head.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It always cracks me up when commentators talk about how a guy has late break on his slider or imply that a pitchers fastball accelerates into the zone.

Pitchers can control 3 things.

Velocity
RPM
Angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk