Arizona hires New England Patriots QB coach Jedd Fisch as head coach to replace Kevin Sumlin

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona hires New England Patriots QB coach Jedd Fisch as head coach to replace Kevin Sumlin

Good guy. Offense minded. He was at U Miami for awhile as OC/QB coach. Left for same job with Jaguars. Then same capacity with The Rams.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-fisch-as-head-coach-to-replace-kevin-sumlin/

A New Jersey native and University of Florida graduate, Fisch is unique in that he did not play football in high school or college. But he landed a spot as a graduate assistant on Steve Spurrier's staff at Florida by leaving notes on the windshield of the coach's car,

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
He was well thought of in Seattle as well.

Not a fan of U of A by any stretch, but this is an interesting hire that could work out really nicely, although he never really seems to plant roots

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The excitement and hype over the future of the au football program is palpable.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brings a ton on NFL experience that could work the same way it has for Herm even though he has never been a HC at the NFL level.

Interim HC at UCLA for 2 games after Mora Jr was canned (1-1). Dude is only 44 so he checks the young box. Question is can he recruit?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Seems like a very solid hire.

I'm glad that they didnt hire Pierce.

Should have hired Brennan. Fisch has never played a down of competitive football at any level and has done nothing in his coaching career except skip around from one place to the other.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Should have hired Brennan. Fisch has never played a down of competitive football at any level and has done nothing in his coaching career other than ride Tom Brady's coattails.
He rode Tom Brady’s coattails by.... never coaching him???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He rode Tom Brady’s coattails by.... never coaching him???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad. I thought he was there last year as well. He has never been any place more than 3 years.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad. I thought he was there last year as well. He has never been any place more than 3 years.
His stops have been due to, like most coaches, promotions. His job losses have been due to HC firings. HC gets fired, assistants get canned.

PS;

List of coaches who never played;

Mike Leach
Hugh Freeze
David Cutcliffe

Taylor

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Horrible hiee. He has been a loser everywhere he has been. Wow what a bad hire

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I won’t have an opinion until after year 2. I was excited about Sumlin and quickly let down. I didn’t like the Fisch hire and wanted Brennan, but I’m willing to give him a chance. If we get the DC that’s reportedly being considered, then it makes the decision more palatable

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Horrible hiee. He has been a loser everywhere he has been. Wow what a bad hire

Understand not been excited by the hire, but that comment isn't even remotely justifiable

He's been a part of many good teams and offenses - you could argue too many as a problem

Has worked with many fantastic coaches and had typically been well regarded by those coaches and the players he's worked with

Question the job hoping, lack of HC experience, lack of staff building or being in charge of a full program - fine

But full miss in that he hasn't been a part of many good offenses and winning programs

He's worked for Spurrier, John Harbaugh, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Shanahan, Brad Childress, Pete Carroll, Sean McVay and Belichick/McDaniels

He's also had the Capers, Mora Jr & Gus Bradleys in there. However, guys have thought enough of him that even after sharing a sideline for a short period of time they want him in their programs

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I won’t have an opinion until after year 2. I was excited about Sumlin and quickly let down. I didn’t like the Fisch hire and wanted Brennan, but I’m willing to give him a chance. If we get the DC that’s reportedly being considered, then it makes the decision more palatable

Which DC? The one from Cal, or the one from Michigan whose defense fell off a cliff this year?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suddenly it looks like we might have dodged a bullet in not hiring Brennan. Talk about a team not showing up for a bowl game...