Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i looked for that on PFF and couldnt find it -- has anyone? Curious what league average is

PFF also has Murray as a top 5 QB in accuracy for intermediate and deep throws. I guess he has to be with all those covered WRs
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Add a sieve OL and its no wonder the offense struggled so mightily down the stretch without Hopkins. And with the D a trainwreck down the stretch, it makes perfect sense why this team struggled to win.
I still contend that 2nd Rams game was one of the better games against them late in the year. Just one terrible int and Aaron Donald looking like an Alien ready to destroy Garcia on the other. The level of difficulty on these throws.

Part of the reason guys on PFT ripped into Kliff's gameplan. As the Rams were banking on him not making those sensational plays a 3rd time (especially with no Hop). Its why he needed to follow the 49ers blueprint the week before.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Keim has invested a ton into offensive skill position players, to the detrement of the rest of the team, and this is still the result. Maybe, just maybe, continuing to stack guys who don't get separation isn't the best idea.
I get what you are saying but one of the most difficult things to scout and translate to the NFL is the ability to separate. The gap in skill level in college secondary's vs NFL is so large. If people knew Renfrow would be able to separate in the NFL like he has he would have never been a 5th rounder.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly I take nearly all of these with a dumper truck of salt.

There's huge anti Cardinals bias in all these kinds of off season articles. "Who had the best offseason?", "Which team has the best WR corps?" etc etc

I assume for 2 reasons. We historically sucked and it's one of the smallest fan bases so piling on the Card's doesn't get them much flak.

I know this PFF article is supposed to be stat based but I think it's nonsense. Kyler threw a tonne of passes and had one of the highest completion rates in the league.

Now PFF do their separation stats based on watching film which can be influenced by bias. Next Gen Stats do it by tracking GPS players and NGS say Rondale Moore led the league in separation (albeit most of it behind the LOS). Kirk averaged 3.3 yards, which was #25 of all WR's. Ertz was 3.2 which was 12th in TE's. Nuk was 56th with 2.8 yards. He gets the tightest man on man coverage. AJ Green was about 80 with 2.5 yards.

Marquise Brown was 13th with 3.5 yards.

For comparison, Davante Adams averaged 2.9 yards and he's one of the best route runners in the league. DK Metcalf was 2.6.

I just don't see how the 2 fit together, and the GPS data is much more accurate.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there is an issue here I'd say it's more on Kliff's scheme which is pretty basic in it's route concepts and features a lot of 1 on 1 matchups where our man is expected to beat their man straight up. Very few combination routes or other scheme assistance.

There is definitely some of that, but I don't believe the PFF stats.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If there is an issue here I'd say it's more on Kliff's scheme which is pretty basic in it's route concepts and features a lot of 1 on 1 matchups where our man is expected to beat their man straight up. Very few combination routes or other scheme assistance.

There is definitely some of that, but I don't believe the PFF stats.
i think there is some truth to this -- especially with the number of short hitches run by Kliffs offense against zone coverage

you can run an 8 yard hitch right in front of a defender for an easy completion that i suppose could be counted as "perfectly defended"

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Any of these analyses based on PFFs grades should be considered suspect, IMO.
Of course. I think I’ve been the biggest opponent of their individual grades due. But “covered” isn’t as much subjective. You can see if an individual is covered or open. You needn’t know the defensive scheme or the offense’s routes to see if everyone is covered. This is something that the eye test can better determine than the player grades. So this, at least, bears a bit more merit imo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose