Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Sometimes performing this exercise makes me see a team differently. I have less faith in the Cardinals, and it has nothing to do with Murray. It's hard to see where the real strengths are on this team, and there are too many holes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah, but Murphy allowed an 87.2 passer rating last season (according to Pro Football Reference). You expect Wilson and Gladney to have their best football in front of them.

It's worth remembering that the median passer rating in 2021 was 92 (Josh Allen!! How is that possible??). The passing game is so good these days.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, but Murphy allowed an 87.2 passer rating last season (according to Pro Football Reference). You expect Wilson and Gladney to have their best football in front of them.

It's worth remembering that the median passer rating in 2021 was 92 (Josh Allen!! How is that possible??). The passing game is so good these days.
Yep Murphy was better than average by a few hairs. He allowed like a 90 rating his second year too.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why am I reading rubbish that says Drew Brees is probably coming out of retirement but that the Cardinals are one of his most likely destinations?

Is this bored writers?

I'd be thrilled with "Drew Brees, offensive consultant", I wouldn't be so thrilled with a 43 year old, noodle armed QB that is almost certain to get horrifically hurt the first time Aaron Donald "accidentally" turns him into a pretzel.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Why am I reading rubbish that says Drew Brees is probably coming out of retirement but that the Cardinals are one of his most likely destinations?

Is this bored writers?

I'd be thrilled with "Drew Brees, offensive consultant", I wouldn't be so thrilled with a 43 year old, noodle armed QB that is almost certain to get horrifically hurt the first time Aaron Donald "accidentally" turns him into a pretzel.
Aaron Donald does nothing by accident, don't you know like most players in the NFL, he frequently basis his game off the cold hard facts of PFF :sarcasm:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I went to Sofi last year and I wasn't impressed. Poor food choices, expensive beer, no AC, and the fans weren't really all that loud for a division matchup.
That was only week 4.

Most became much later in the year or after the SB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That was only week 4.

Most became much later in the year or after the SB.
I mean...the LA Times estimated that 6,000 fans showed up for the parade and 20,000 for their fest (and that might have been a stretch based on visual observation.

Every time I go to extremely populated areas throughout LA and Orange County (when I remember to do so), I might see ONE person the entire day in Rams gear. During that time, I'll see many in Lakers, Dodgers, and Raiders gear. I'd estimate that I see 50x more Raiders gear than Rams gear...even after a Super Bowl win. I think @Ouchie-Z-Clown, @TJ, @cheesebeef, and @daves

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I mean...the LA Times estimated that 6,000 fans showed up for the parade and 20,000 for their fest (and that might have been a stretch based on visual observation.

Every time I go to extremely populated areas throughout LA and Orange County (when I remember to do so), I might see ONE person the entire day in Rams gear. During that time, I'll see many in Lakers, Dodgers, and Raiders gear. I'd estimate that I see 50x more Raiders gear than Rams gear...even after a Super Bowl win. I think @Ouchie-Z-Clown, @TJ, @cheesebeef, and @daves
I've seen a lot more Rams fans in my area (Torrance, Redondo Beach, PV, Manhattan Beach, etc.). Raiders still dominate in # of fans though. I also live in a neighborhood in which one of my neighbors owns a custom Rams school bus.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I went to Sofi last year and I wasn't impressed. Poor food choices, expensive beer, no AC, and the fans weren't really all that loud for a division matchup.
The food at SoFi sucks. My 8-year-old son, who'll eat anything not stuck to the floor, told me it was gross.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Agree with all this. You wouldn’t know rams won super bowl this year down here in OC.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Still a Raiders town.

But the nfl desperately wants to open up that market. Betting that has a lot to do with all the moves the rams and bolts have made the past couple seasons.
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see an all Los Angeles super bowl actually.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
My local Target doesn't even have Rams gear at all. And it's sold out...there isn't even a rack for it. Crazy enough, they carry Chargers gear though.
If you're in OC, like me, that's why they have Chargers gear and not much for Rams. Chargers practiced here and I think the plan was to hopefully have OC embrace them as a bridge to San Diego. I know most that I work with are Chargers fans and not really Rams fans. It's weird, too, because the Rams played at Angel's stadium before they left for St. Louis.