Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well he also missed games.. I believe he would have been projected to eclipse those milestones had he not miss games.
But he did miss games. And according to most here, he played poorly the previous year down the stretch due to injury as well. So when it looks like injuries are part of his game, his season stats represent who he is. You can’t extrapolate better stats when he’s never proven to be healthy enough to achieve those higher stats.

Last edited:

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But he did miss games. And according to most here, he played poorly last year due to injury as well. So when it looks like injuries are part of his game, his season stats represent who he is.
Valid point. Simply stating his per a game averages of those metrics (TDs and yards) have him in the top 10.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well he also missed games.. I believe he would have been projected to eclipse those milestones had he not miss games.
Yes. If the season had happened differently there would have perhaps been different results.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
John Elway got drafted by a team that was 1 year removed from a 10-6 record in 1981. The 1982 Broncos (strike year) were 2-7 (mainly because of injuries & players who chose not to cross the strike line). So essentially, John Elway was drafted by a playoff team. That is completely the opposite of what Murray’s situation was. Not only was Murray drafted by the worst team in 2018, but by the worst team in Cardinal history. And that’s saying a ton. All that being said, Murray in his first 3 seasons has been significantly better than Elway was in his first 3 seasons.
Weren't the colts 7-9 the year they drafted Elway?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weren't the colts 7-9 the year they drafted Elway?
The Colts drafted Elway #1 overall in 1983 after a strike shortened 1982 season when their record was 0-8-1. The Colts traded Elway about a month after the draft after whiny Elway declared he would go back to Stanford before he would play for the Colts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man, I don't know how much profit there is on this board in down-talking Larry Fitzgerald.

IMHO, Fitz has an argument for the THIRD-best WR of all time behind Rice and Randy Moss. The thing that sticks in my craw about Larry (and real football knowers love Larry) is that he has only one first-team All-Pro honor. He played 12 years after that and never was named to the All-Pro team again.

Calvin Johnson was first-team all Pro three times. Andre Johnson has two honors. Randy Moss was 4x, Jerry Rice 10x (GOAT).
I always wondered what Fitz’s career would’ve looked like with better/more consistent QBs throughout his career.

Also, Fitz was never the best WR in the league in any individual season, but I feel like other than rice and miss he maybe has more seasons as being a top 5 receiver in the nfl. I think his talent and consistency combine to make him greater than just his production in any given season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I always wondered what Fitz’s career would’ve looked like with better/more consistent QBs throughout his career.

Also, Fitz was never the best WR in the league in any individual season, but I feel like other than rice and miss he maybe has more seasons as being a top 5 receiver in the nfl. I think his talent and consistency combine to make him greater than just his production in any given season.
Borg. :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah this. He was never the top guy, but he was a top 5 guy for a long time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Mixed bag.
Larry also benefitted from a lot of lousy quarterbacks who knew throwing to him was their best chance to raise their completion percentage....and he benefitted from often being the only option... Boldin and Breaston were a luxury.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mixed bag.
Larry also benefitted from a lot of lousy quarterbacks who knew throwing to him was their best chance to raise their completion percentage....and he benefitted from often being the only option... Boldin and Breaston were a luxury.
He would have made many more big plays throughout his career with better QB play... especially TDs.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I keep hearing this about how he sees the game "like nobody else". Then I watch All 22 and see him take a 5 yard checkdown when there's a 25 yard/home run option wide open.

You must be registered for see images attach
i dunno

i think its the opposite

he regularly chooses deeper, lower % throws than easier ones

first half of the season -- it seemed he hit every single one of them though. Back half, the % when way down

i also think the defense adjusted at that time to force shorter throws

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well
i dunno

i think its the opposite

first half of the season -- it seemed he hit every single one of them though. Back half, the % when way down

Well when you’re missing WR1 and your Oline is a swinging gate in the second half of the season.. what more do you expect?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i dunno

i think its the opposite

It was just one example. Replace 5 yard check down with throwing into double coverage when the receiver on the other side is in single coverage with an 8 yard cushion pre snap. Or a variety of other poor choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard