Arizona Cardinals @ Baltimore Ravens Pregame Thread. 09/09/19-09/14/19

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I still think Lamar Jackson is far from a passing QB, because what Miami allowed would make even Ryan Lindley think he could be a starter, ok maybe not, but that is not the bugaboo for the Cards, which is a scrambling QB rushing for yards and then guys forgetting responsibilities when there is a broken pass play (this is where Hollywood Brown eats our lunch, unless one of our guys, that's you Budda and Swearinger calming himself down to play more coverage deep being alert). Granted, it makes no sense saying what we have problems with yet because this Vance Joseph defense is new but I do know we will struggle to cover TEs if we let it rest on the LBs, but then again what do we do with the safeties which I just chided to stay deep. I guess we see a lot of hybrid nickel (if we can stop the run with our front) with a spy on Lamar. This give me a headache, I should just quit making suggestions haha

I do think our offense will get better as the season goes along. Kingsbury and Kyler are both learning but at least we did not have a Wilks response (or even Arians, when things did not go right) blaming just the players. Kingsbury is the most humble coach I have seen in a while and takes responsibility... I think even the old school guys who do not want this to work will have no choice but start to respect the guy at least for his character

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
An early start east coast game against one of the best coached teams in the league. It’s probably going to get ugly.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to be optimistic for this one but we will learn more. Looking forward to it. Ravens have a nice start to the season. Fins and Cards at home.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we are going to get annihilated this weekend, but I'm still looking forward to the game and I expect a split with Carolina and Seattle at worst.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think we are going to get annihilated this weekend, but I'm still looking forward to the game and I expect a split with Carolina and Seattle at worst.

Hard not to see Lamar torch our corners and our LBers who can’t cover... while he also rushes for 80-100 yards.
Gonna be VERY interesting to see what adjustments Coach K makes on offense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I legit we think we’ll be more competitive with Baltimore than Carolina. I don’t like how we matchup with Carolina at all.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I legit we think we’ll be more competitive with Baltimore than Carolina. I don’t like how we matchup with Carolina at all.
I agree Mccaffrey will eat us alive. Defensively we are very soft in the middle of the field. We are built more for the NFC west. Offensively we don’t know what we look like yet. So far its been 3 quarters of suck and 1 quarter of hurry up lets catch up.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thinking of wearing my Boldin to M&T Bank Stadium for the game. He’s ours. Forever..... for always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll have my Beanie Wells #26 road jersey on. On paper, looks to be a major mismatch. Very, very tough venue & the Baltimore fans will be rabid. Harbaugh is an excellent HC, so I doubt if the Ravens come in cocky. If the offense doesn’t take another step forward, this could get ugly. Let’s hope that Suggs can help with our game plan!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go cards! Hope the right murrsy show up...

I hate to say this but in my money fantasy lg should i start lamar vs az? Wentz is my starte

Also hope corners play solid and lbers

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go cards! Hope the right murrsy show up...

I hate to say this but in my money fantasy lg should i start lamar vs az? Wentz is my starte

Also hope corners play solid and lbers

Not a bad idea. Wentz is a stud though & the Atlanta D just hasn't been very good.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jury is still out on Jackson's accuracy. Heard on Golic and Wingo, this morning, that on only four of his completions was the defender within a yard of the receiver. Very few tight windows for LJ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson