Arizona Basketball 2019-2020

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They makes it about themselves. Drives me crazy. They should get rid of all of the refs and start training the new ones differently. Move the P12 headquarters into some foreclosed building and used the saved rent to make refs full time during b-ball season.

Or we go to the Big 12.

I have to ask, you guys can't actually be arguing Miller didn't deserve the T's? And you can't be arguing either of those calls were correct? Were there missed calls and bad calls at other points, of course, but the 2 plays that got Miller ejected the refs got the call right both times.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Eric Curry is about to be the ire of the people in the UofA athletic department. With him, there is an Ed Rush-type feeling around the program

When you are winning and respectee
On the ejection the ref tossed him and you can see Miller say "good" and just walk towards the tunnel.

I saw what you saw. I watched Lute Olson from the time I moved to Arizona in 1987 until he coached his final game. He called refs out constantly in the media and on the court when they were wrong. Even during the rough years, he acted from a position of strength. I do not respect what Sean Miller did last night. Sweating profusely, screaming and challenging every call made. HE GOT KICKED OUT OF A GAME THAT ARIZONA WAS PROBABLY GOING TO WIN AGAINST UCLA. No excuse. I can only imagine how long time alumni supporters feel. Scandals, sweating and losing is bad enough. Acting like a child and costing the program a game is unacceptable

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I have to ask, you guys can't actually be arguing Miller didn't deserve the T's? And you can't be arguing either of those calls were correct? Were there missed calls and bad calls at other points, of course, but the 2 plays that got Miller ejected the refs got the call right both times.

I didn’t see the game but they all gotta go.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t see the game but they all gotta go.

Ironically IMO the worst call of the game, Arizona didn't really argue that vehemently, I'm guessing if Miller was still on the bench he would have. about 30 seconds left Hazzard lost the ball out of bounds guarded by Jaquez. I'm pretty sure it went out off Jaime's shoe, it looked like a white shoe touched it on the way out, Jaime had white shoes, Hazzard didn't. Walton said good call UCLA ball, Jefferson said I can't tell even after multiple replays. It wasn't totally clear but I would have overturned it. That effectively ended the game as arizona started fouling intentionally after it.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Fun times at Arizona:

Jeter suspended 2 games. Rumored to be for hippie lettuce

Hazzard out for “personal reasons”: Subtext - “I quit the team”

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fun times at Arizona:

Jeter suspended 2 games. Rumored to be for hippie lettuce

Hazzard out for “personal reasons”: Subtext - “I quit the team”

I am tired of players who think there is an "i" in team. I am not sorry to see him quit the team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Miller had pretty good run with transfers...

Perry
Lyons
TJ
Kadeem
Anderson
Tollefsen
Pinder

Smith, Coleman, Hazzard and Jeter were all mostly busts. We’ll see on Akinjo/Brown.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Miller had pretty good run with transfers...

Perry
Lyons
TJ
Kadeem
Anderson
Tollefsen
Pinder

Smith, Coleman, Hazzard and Jeter were all mostly busts. We’ll see on Akinjo/Brown.
Wouldn’t hold my breath on akinjo. Hope otherwise.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wouldn’t hold my breath on akinjo. Hope otherwise.

Georgetown was pretty brutal this year when he left. Granted they were nothing special with him either.

He’ll probably be a mix between Momo/Lyons. Jordan Brown needs to be great.

More importantly Miller just looks like he’s toasted as a coach at this point.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man... Miller has got to go. Another inexcusable game. These kids try hard, we've got more talent than almost everyone we play but Miller's coaching is just putrid.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Man... Miller has got to go. Another inexcusable game. These kids try hard, we've got more talent than almost everyone we play but Miller's coaching is just putrid.

A tremendous waste of talent. Nnaji plays his guts out to lose to a team with a losing record. The pressure on Miller must be insane but he will get another year.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I think For Arizona and Miller, a reboot is necessary.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Georgetown was pretty brutal this year when he left. Granted they were nothing special with him either.

He’ll probably be a mix between Momo/Lyons. Jordan Brown needs to be great.

More importantly Miller just looks like he’s toasted as a coach at this point.
Actually gtown has been pretty similar with or without him. They’ve also suffered a ton of dismissals and injuries. Akinjo showed promise as a freshman. He showed zero growth, and imo, watching the team, had considerably regressed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What happened? I thought I was routinely shouted down when I pointed out that miller was a terrible in-game coach.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Completely collapsing down the stretch again, just like they did against UCLA, ASU and twice against Oregon. I have never seen a team this heartless and mentally weak. Sean Miller needs to go ASAP, as in before they play another game.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wildcats hang on...barely. USC is going to destroy us tomorrow.

Still, this win likely gets us into the NCAA Tournament...as an 8-10 seed and likely one-and-done.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wildcats hang on...barely. USC is going to destroy us tomorrow.

Still, this win likely gets us into the NCAA Tournament...as an 8-10 seed and likely one-and-done.

I don't think there's going to be an NCAA tournament, I would actually be a bit surprised if teh pac 12 plays tomorrows games to be honest.

Love basketball but this is bigger, they have to protect everyone and that includes the kids. I know the argument is they're already there they already travelled, let them play, but I would be amazed if they finish this tournament.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think there's going to be an NCAA tournament, I would actually be a bit surprised if teh pac 12 plays tomorrows games to be honest.

Love basketball but this is bigger, they have to protect everyone and that includes the kids. I know the argument is they're already there they already travelled, let them play, but I would be amazed if they finish this tournament.

Well, you called it. Best wishes to you all as we try to get through an extraordinarily difficult time. Stay safe and healthy.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nope. We were gonna make a run and Dylan Smith would’ve been tournament MVP

Yeah, and Nico Mannion was going to start playing like Mike Bibby and stop playing like Josiah Turner...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Miller gets one more year because of this. Question on my mind right now is whether Kansas gets some BS national championship banner because they finished #1

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Miller gets one more year because of this. Question on my mind right now is whether Kansas gets some BS national championship banner because they finished #1
Will Snoop be there with his strippers?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard