Apple TV (Take 2)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apple TV is as you all described, almost perfect. I can't say I love the sensitivity of the remote, but I'm sure that I'll adapt. Everything else is phenomenal. The interface is so much better for streaming than using the Xbox. Highly recommended!

The comparison of House of the Dragon on DirecTV HBO to HBO Max on Apple TV isn't even a fair comparison. I'll try to compare watching on Xbox to see if there's much there, but I suspect they're closer in PQ and AQ.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Apple TV is as you all described, almost perfect. I can't say I love the sensitivity of the remote, but I'm sure that I'll adapt. Everything else is phenomenal. The interface is so much better for streaming than using the Xbox. Highly recommended!

The comparison of House of the Dragon on DirecTV HBO to HBO Max on Apple TV isn't even a fair comparison. I'll try to compare watching on Xbox to see if there's much there, but I suspect they're closer in PQ and AQ.

You'll get used to the sensitivity a bit. There's a setting for it too if you need to turn it down. I personally love the ATV remotes now that I'm used to them and wish more remotes worked similar to it. I find it quicker to scroll through long lists and there isn't a better way to scrub in a video. I hate switching to my Zidoo at times due to the difference in control due to the remote.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my 4K Apple TV box! Took a few weeks to get used to the remote but I'm pretty good with it now.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally poked around enough in the settings menu to disable CEC control over HDMI and now it doesn't turn off the TV whenever I power it down or it goes to sleep! That was driving the wife crazy when I wasn't around. She thought the TV was broken!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I finally poked around enough in the settings menu to disable CEC control over HDMI and now it doesn't turn off the TV whenever I power it down or it goes to sleep! That was driving the wife crazy when I wasn't around. She thought the TV was broken!
Wow, CEC was working you got rid of it? It's one of my favorite things when it's working correctly. I love having the one button turn on/off for everything. My new projector has been bugging me for this since it's a 50/50 chance of it powering on to the correct HDMI input due to its CEC. I find it so much easier than having to power on/off all three devices. Then I also love it for the switching it give between my ATV, Shield, and ZiDoo.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, CEC was working you got rid of it? It's one of my favorite things when it's working correctly. I love having the one button turn on/off for everything. My new projector has been bugging me for this since it's a 50/50 chance of it powering on to the correct HDMI input due to its CEC. I find it so much easier than having to power on/off all three devices. Then I also love it for the switching it give between my ATV, Shield, and ZiDoo.

My receiver is the only one I allow to control other devices. It is normal for us to switch between Xbox, DirecTV, and Apple TV in the evening depending on what we're doing. So when things start controlling others without my input, I eventually figure out where to intervene.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LA vs KC was immaculate tonight. Averaged over 10Mbps all evening. Rock solid, zero drops. If Bally's can replicate that with the Yotes games on their app, I've finally got a path to cut DirecTV out. This Prime stream on ATV was better than DirecTV sat. live football broadcasts.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, CEC was working you got rid of it? It's one of my favorite things when it's working correctly. I love having the one button turn on/off for everything.

I finally got CEC working on all of my components so now I can turn everything off with the power button on the Apple Remote! Love it!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got CEC working on all of my components so now I can turn everything off with the power button on the Apple Remote! Love it!
It works on my OLED but not my Denon for some reason. My previous Onkyo receiver it worked just fine. I have just been to busy to mess with it. Plus, I still have my Logitech universal remote that I can use most of the time to control everything with one button push. I just like using the new AppleTV remote for some reason.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It works on my OLED but not my Denon for some reason. My previous Onkyo receiver it worked just fine. I have just been to busy to mess with it. Plus, I still have my Logitech universal remote that I can use most of the time to control everything with one button push. I just like using the new AppleTV remote for some reason.
I finally just factory reset everything including my Denon. It was painful to set everything back up but I finally got the Receiver to be controlled by the Apple TV remote. The CEC option on the Denon receiver had me hunting for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson