IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
i'd buy it, Centers and Sanders and even Jake, but McElroy...:biglaugh:

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
I would buy the 8x10's if not for $20 shipping :shrug:

I would buy all of it but the shipping is astronomical.. and why U.S. and Japan? Something going on there that does not show directly?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:
I would buy all of it but the shipping is astronomical.. and why U.S. and Japan? Something going on there that does not show directly?

Well Im going to have to take it to the packing place and pay them them to wrap the pictures so they will not break during shipping. They are going to have to be layered so that they dont bang against one another while in transit. Then in that size of box with an approximate weight of about 15 lbs with packing materials you are then looking at about 12 t0 15 in shipping costs and another 5 for packing. So the shipping is in no wy out of order.

Sorry but the one thing I will refuse to do is eat it in the shipping. I have done so many times and learned my lesson.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Then in that size of box with an approximate weight of about 15 lbs with packing materials you are then looking at about 12 t0 15 in shipping costs and another 5 for packing. So the shipping is in no wy out of order.

Sorry but the one thing I will refuse to do is eat it in the shipping. I have done so many times and learned my lesson.

Not being a pain, but I too do a lot of sellling and shipping on the Bay and for you to mail that to me based on the info that you put in it comes out to $10 USPS Priority mail... The last larger Item that I sent out was a Durango grill, weight was 26 lbs and it cost me about 18 bucks to ship to Georgia... Large piece of metal shipped as nearly as far as you can ship and was still cheaper..

In fairness I do not know what your packing company charges, I used one of those once... The packing rates seemed to be fair but I found out that they also add 50% to the quoted shipping cost on all services, USPS, UPS and FedEx..

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:
Not being a pain, but I too do a lot of sellling and shipping on the Bay and for you to mail that to me based on the info that you put in it comes out to $10 USPS Priority mail... The last larger Item that I sent out was a Durango grill, weight was 26 lbs and it cost me about 18 bucks to ship to Georgia... Large piece of metal shipped as nearly as far as you can ship and was still cheaper..

In fairness I do not know what your packing company charges, I used one of those once... The packing rates seemed to be fair but I found out that they also add 50% to the quoted shipping cost on all services, USPS, UPS and FedEx..

Well that depends on the zipcode via USPS Priority. Also I dont trust Priority unless people insist and say they want the delivery confitmation and insurance(which will raise the cost). I have been burned by them more than once.

I send it out via UPS with Insurance included. That is what the packing place will charge me. Im sure there is a mark-up. But one that is fair IMO when they take the time to package the item properly for both parties involved.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:

USPS priority mail 2 day shipping on a box 15 pounds in weight from las vegas to anywhere in the continental us is $7.70.

A package of bubble wrap to cover 4 8x10 pictures at USPS is $2.70

A 12" x 10" by 6" box which would cover the 4 pictures with bubble wrap is $1.35

total shipping costs: $11.75

These are the prices I found on the www.usps.com web site, I do know that the federal goverment does lie on occasion but i doubnt it would be 50% additional to what is on the web site.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:
USPS priority mail 2 day shipping on a box 15 pounds in weight from las vegas to anywhere in the continental us is $7.70.

A package of bubble wrap to cover 4 8x10 pictures at USPS is $2.70

A 12" x 10" by 6" box which would cover the 4 pictures with bubble wrap is $1.35

total shipping costs: $11.75

These are the prices I found on the www.usps.com web site, I do know that the federal goverment does lie on occasion but i doubnt it would be 50% additional to what is on the web site.

Also I dont trust Priority unless people insist and say they want the delivery confirmation and insurance(which will raise the cost). I have been burned by them more than once.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Well that depends on the zipcode via USPS Priority. Also I dont trust Priority unless people insist and say they want the delivery confitmation and insurance(which will raise the cost). I have been burned by them more than once.

I send it out via UPS with Insurance included. That is what the packing place will charge me. Im sure there is a mark-up. But one that is fair IMO when they take the time to package the item properly for both parties involved.

Again I am not trying to be a pain in the butt, but it does appear to be a higher rate than even your past auctions... Similar or like items that you have sold in the past have shipped for 8 dollars, they were however different NFL teams, maybe it is just an Arizona Cardinals Penalty Shipping Rate... ;)

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:
Again I am not trying to be a pain in the butt, but it does appear to be a higher rate than even your past auctions... Similar or like items that you have sold in the past have shipped for 8 dollars, they were however different NFL teams, maybe it is just an Arizona Cardinals Penalty Shipping Rate... ;)

No just havnt had anything thats going to be this big and fragile. These frames are the big ones 11x14 with 8x10 matting. Wouldnt take much of a hit to break the glass. I dont buy or keep packing materials around the house. So I want them packaged properly. Im certain the buyer would too. If they dont like it they dont have to buy them. Or thye can have the piece of mind of a solid packing job and insurance.

Oh and broken glass means scratched pictures in transit.