Anyone interested in an ASFN chess tournament?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Kyler Murray, Larry Fitzgerald and six others are playing in a charity tournament on May 22nd. Thought it could be fun to do an ASFN version. I’m pretty sure we can set up our own through chess.com.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suck too badly at chess particularly in faster time formats. :sad:

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I know it's been awhile since I've played chess but, "3 or 5 minutes a game"? I've taken longer than that to make one move.
I hear ya. Chess.com lets you adjust the time of the games and that forces you to play fast. That way l can lose a couple quick games without much time commitment.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald is an avid chess player and is the board member of First Move Chess. He played Chess.com's BlitzChamps tournament, a rapid tournament for NFL players where he lost in the semifinals to the eventual champion Chidobe Awuzie.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We’d be playing 3 minute or 5 minute games.
oh poo...really?? Dude...it usually takes me 3 minutes to figure out what move my opponent made and why he made it.
Then I have to look at every possible counter move and how my opponent may respond to that counter and whether or not going that route helps my offense or opens any holes in my defense....
3 to 5 minute turns would be hard.....

3 to 5 minute games???

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be in, depending on the times. I play 5 minute games on Chess.com almost daily. (also doesn't mean I'm any good)
What time(s) are we thinking?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd