Anyone going to the Cards vs. Bears game...

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would never have guessed Chicago would be so high. Looks like I will be paying close to $300 a seat to get a decent seat...that really sucks. Like you the only game I have ever paid more a ticket for was the Super Bowl.

check Chicago Craigslist....I have had success on craigslist before.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
You can fly round trip from Chicago to Pittsburgh for $68 on spirit airlines. We are leaving on Friday coming back on Monday, and see the Steelers game with us. Can't drive there that cheap.

I will have to look in to that. I am going to St Louis for sure, have to decide on a second game to see.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Bump.

Whoever is going, if they'd like to meet before the game, say so on here and we can set up a get together. I know I(and wife) am going as is Wisconsin and his son.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I bit the bullet and overpaid for tix to this game. Out of all the places I have went to see the Cards play, the Bears have, by far, the most expensive seating. I haven't been to NY or NE but I'm sure they're very similar.

second row from the top, Metlife field, corner, 110 bucks.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
what time saturday... i know of a Facebook group talking about meeting up ill tell them to go here.

I expect to be there around 2:30 to 3:00 PM, I'll leave my house around noon and start heading to Chicago. How does that sound to everyone? OKCARDSZONA is going to the cubs game, so I am sure him and his lovely bride will be there after the game.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
3 o'clock, or so, sounds fine to me. Tyler, definitely let those people know. The more Cards, fans the better.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
3 o'clock, or so, sounds fine to me. Tyler, definitely let those people know. The more Cards, fans the better.

Hells ya...lets take this place over like we did that bar right before we whipped the pants off Carolina in the play-offs I had never seen so many cards fans in a bar at a road game before. The super bowl doesn't count because that bar was there headquarters. :D

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Ohio State plays at 2:30 so I'll be there for that (at least close). It would be fun to be there for the game as they are playing Northern Illinois. OSU can get them used to losing on Saturday and the Cards will clean it up on Sunday.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Ohio State plays at 2:30 so I'll be there for that (at least close). It would be fun to be there for the game as they are playing Northern Illinois. OSU can get them used to losing on Saturday and the Cards will clean it up on Sunday.

:thumbup:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I have to fly out Sunday morning but I can definitely meet you guys on Saturday at the sports bar.

Edit: I am an idiot, I leave this weekend not the day the Cardinals are in town playing the Bears. Will have to find a decent place to watch both games (Saints and Bears) while in Boston,

Last edited:

okcardzona

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I expect to be there around 2:30 to 3:00 PM, I'll leave my house around noon and start heading to Chicago. How does that sound to everyone? OKCARDSZONA is going to the cubs game, so I am sure him and his lovely bride will be there after the game.

Great We will be there .Mother Hubbards at 3:00 or 3:30

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Tailgate Party

Here is where my AZfaninMN (my son) and I will be at before the game. We'll be there around 9:00 AM if anybody wants to stop by and say hi or maybe do some tailgating. Don't know how big this parking lot is, but below is my trucks make and color, plate number, and how to find it.

880 S Wells St
Chicago, IL 60607

HOW TO FIND
This open-air lot is located on S Wells St in between W Polk St
And W Roosevelt St. The lot is just south of Rivercity Condos lot on the west side of the street. Look for large blue Public Parking sign above the entrance on S Wells St.

Here is my License Plate number

GV7511 Black Chevy Silverado Pick Up

P.S. Meet and greet on Saturday around 3:00 PM at Mother Hubbards sports bar. It is downtown and if you don't like it blame CBUS he picked it....:D

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
MadJack will be there with friends (but no banner of course). There are 50-60 of us Cards fans staying at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Street downtown. Not sure yet where they all hope to hook up for tailgating yet...

Thanks,
MadJack.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Here is where my AZfaninMN (my son) and I will be at before the game. We'll be there around 9:00 AM if anybody wants to stop by and say hi or maybe do some tailgating. Don't know how big this parking lot is, but below is my trucks make and color, plate number, and how to find it.

880 S Wells St
Chicago, IL 60607

HOW TO FIND
This open-air lot is located on S Wells St in between W Polk St
And W Roosevelt St. The lot is just south of Rivercity Condos lot on the west side of the street. Look for large blue Public Parking sign above the entrance on S Wells St.

Here is my License Plate number

GV7511 Black Chevy Silverado Pick Up

P.S. Meet and greet on Saturday around 3:00 PM at Mother Hubbards sports bar. It is downtown and if you don't like it blame CBUS he picked it....:D
Things can change, but last time I was there it was the best sports bar I had been too. It's been a few years though.

Mad Jack, bring some people by on Saturday. The Hotel(Hyatt) is only a couple minutes away via mapquest.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
MadJack will be there with friends (but no banner of course). There are 50-60 of us Cards fans staying at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Street downtown. Not sure yet where they all hope to hook up for tailgating yet...

Thanks,
MadJack.
Also, keeps us posted on tailgating if you don't come by the bar on Saturday.

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
Also, keeps us posted on tailgating if you don't come by the bar on Saturday.

I did post on the 'other' message board suggesting Mother Hubbards but that was for pregame tailgating on Sunday not Saturday. As I've never been to Chicago we are doing the tourist stuff all day Saturday.

What does everyone think about hooking up for tailgating Sunday at 9AM at Mother Hubbards?? I've yet to see any other tailgate suggestions except for the parking lot gig mentioned earlier. Per Mapquest, the walk from Hubbards to Soldier Field is 2.4 miles - about an hour away. But how cool would that be to see the Red Army marching to the stadium?!?!?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
MadJack.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I'm open to any suggestions for tailgating. Mother Hubbard's sounds great.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I did post on the 'other' message board suggesting Mother Hubbards but that was for pregame tailgating on Sunday not Saturday. As I've never been to Chicago we are doing the tourist stuff all day Saturday.

What does everyone think about hooking up for tailgating Sunday at 9AM at Mother Hubbards?? I've yet to see any other tailgate suggestions except for the parking lot gig mentioned earlier. Per Mapquest, the walk from Hubbards to Soldier Field is 2.4 miles - about an hour away. But how cool would that be to see the Red Army marching to the stadium?!?!?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
MadJack.

Mother Hubbards doesn't open until 11:00 AM.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison