Anyone Coming to London Next Year for the Game?

Are you coming to London for the game?

• Total voters

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should definitely meet. I am the manager of an official Liverpool Supporters Group, and we get discounts and tickets and many benefits. Should be a blast.

Absolutely. I'm even thinking of trying to watch an away game. Depends on the schedule and how much money I can save before then.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said previously that I just don't get the London thing.. Except it's about the money. I always thought Mexico made more sense.

But can someone give me a better understanding of the situation, please? What about TV.. Are there other games on that you don't have to pay for? Is Directv the only way? What about Europe? What is viewership like there? How does a fan get info the team they follow? Internet only or NFL channel, something? I already know some smartass will answer that ASFN is the only source for Card's fans.. Rightly so!

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
Getting picked to play in London is not a great honor. It goes to losers. BA says its tough to go east and play games. If so, it can't get much tougher than this.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm there. Any season ticket holder not Going? Would love the Rights to the tickets
Sorry Bachi :) It's not a home game for Arizona
Yes, but the Cards (and NFL) will likely offer packages for the game.

That said, I'm going to try to go, but if not and tix are available to STH's I'll grab a pair.

Getting picked to play in London is not a great honor. It goes to losers. BA says its tough to go east and play games. If so, it can't get much tougher than this.
Has nothing to do about winners or losers. It's about keeping UoP in the Superbowl rotation.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I don't fly, so if I go I will be coming on a cruise. Want to cruise around Scandinavia also once I get there. I could use a roommate to cut costs if anyone single person is interested in sharing a cabin. Of course it would help if you were retired and could take a few weeks off. I would prefer if the game was not in the dead of winter though.

PS. I tend to fart a lot during the night.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Explain this please, I don't understand what is being said.

I live in LA and am disappointed by a schedule that means I will not be able to see the Cards play here until 2018. I, like many, travel elsewhere for New Years (this years game) and London is too far of a drive from LA (next years game).

londonpete

Rookie
Reaction score
You can probably guess from my username that I am ecstatic about this news !
Just hope to god Larry doesn't retire in the off-season.

Can't wait for the game,but really looking forward to the Fan Rallies as well.
Will be great to see some Cardinal legends make the trip - players I mean not the posters on here!

Am a longtime lurker on this site (and the other one too...) but have learned so much from the posters on here so think it would be great to be able to mingle with some diehard Cards fans before the game.

If anyone needs any local advice - hotels, transport etc would be happy to help so please pm me if you want to.

Last edited:

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can probably guess from my username that I am ecstatic about this news !
Just hope to god Larry doesn't retire in the off-season.

Can't wait for the game,but really looking forward to the Fan Rallies as well.
Will be great to see some Cardinal legends make the trip - players I mean not the posters on here!

Am a longtime lurker on this site (and the other one too...) but have learned so much from the posters on here so think it would be great to be able to mingle with some diehard Cards fans before the game.

If anyone needs any local advice - hotels, transport etc would be happy to help so please pm me if you want to.

Been to London many times and always enjoyed my stays there. Will be coming for this game and probably the Saints game also since my family is Saints fans.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope no one minds that I added a poll; I didn't want to start a new thread. You CAN change your vote, so if your circumstances change, feel free to update. Just thought it would be a lot easier to keep track of who will be going in the poll results, than having to read through the thread.

Napier

Pond Hopping
Reaction score
We're definitely going - we've booked our flights, so just waiting on getting the tickets for the game when they are available later.

We're also looking to get to a Liverpool game too!!

I've said previously that I just don't get the London thing.. Except it's about the money. I always thought Mexico made more sense.

But can someone give me a better understanding of the situation, please? What about TV.. Are there other games on that you don't have to pay for? Is Directv the only way? What about Europe? What is viewership like there? How does a fan get info the team they follow? Internet only or NFL channel, something? I already know some smartass will answer that ASFN is the only source for Card's fans.. Rightly so!

NFL games (and redzone) are shown each week as well and TNF and MNF. I have no idea what the viewing figures are like, but they must be pretty good as the NFL has a specific NFL site for the UK.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to be in London in August, we have a few days there pre/post cruise for a trip out of Southampton. If it wasn't for that already booked trip I would definitely go. This will be our third time in London and we've hit up most of the "must see" tourist spots already so seeing a game really would have been perfect as it wouldn't have interfered with sightseeing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman