Any news on Stewart's

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any news on Stewart's
Pretty good root beer.

Seriously - Latest buzz is that:

1. Baltimore has officially invited him.

2. He wasn't bowled over by Chicago's offer despite leaning toward the Bears.

3. He wants to start and he wants a commitment from any team drafting pretty high that they won't draft a QB. (Baltimore apparently does want to draft a QB, and anyone coming down there will have to win the job from Redmon. Of course, if he comes to AZ, he'd presumably have to win the job from McCown).

4. Steinberg wanted him to take a few steps back from the chaos and sort out his thoughts in some sort of organized way before coming to a decision. That's where they are now.

My take: (a) Well, so much for his committing to the Bears last Friday. (b) I think Steinberg realizes he has increased negotiating leverage over both the Cards and Bears. (c) Like Colvin and others, I think Steinberg/Stewart will play it cute for awhile and yank everyones' chain in order to get the best deal possible.

I disagree with Jurecki - I've been following Jeff Blake since he was an overachieving utility QB for the Jets. He's barely over 6-0 and - if he's been so good, why hasn't he stayed longer with any one team? I suspect he can scramble and throw deep - and that's all there is.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I suspect he can scramble and throw deep - and that's all there is.

I'm not on the Jeff Blake bandwagon...but thats at least one more thing then plummer could do.

So its an upgrade in my book. If they signed him. But that said, lets hope they can get someone else, somehow, someway.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Right now we are trying to upgrade over Plummer but over McCown. That is not going to take much since he has barely played a quarter in the NFL and was lousy in his few plays.