Any foodies here?

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been making dinner 3x a week the last few years. Now that I'm retired, I expect I'll be cooking even more once I move to AZ in a couple of weeks. Not a talented chef, but good at picking and following recipes. Big fan of Food Network and Cooking Channel. Any interest in sharing recipes and conversation from the food world?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few recipes I am happy to share if anyone is recipe hunting. The majority of what I do is hot though.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have quite a few recipes I am happy to share if anyone is recipe hunting. The majority of what I do is hot though.

Wow, was tasked to cook tonight. What you got that I can make up pretty quick. I am a spice fanatic but my family is not, so something not so hot. Post up what you think would work. No sea food though. ;)

OP
OP
G

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, was tasked to cook tonight. What you got that I can make up pretty quick. I am a spice fanatic but my family is not, so something not so hot. Post up what you think would work. No sea food though. ;)

What have you got in the house to work with and how much time will you have to cook?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pasta, hamburger meat, chicken tenders, smoked sausages.

OP
OP
G

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pasta, hamburger meat, chicken tenders, smoked sausages.

Without finding a recipe, cut the chicken and sausage into bite-size pieces, brown them with the ground beef, add a diced onion and some chopped garlic, cook to soften and add 2 cans of diced tomato or if you don't have, some tomato sauce. Simmer until the tomato breaks down if diced. Otherwise long enough to know the meat is fully cooked. Serve over the pasta. You can add a little red pepper flakes if the family is ok with that, just go easy.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Getting all put together right now. Thanks.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ha ha, took me a while to get what you meant. Would love to order out, but did it enough of the weekend.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A LONG-ASS time ago, we did a recipe-a-day thing, but I think they were all separate threads (big mistake, in my opinion). Here is a link to the original set of recipes:
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=968155&postcount=1

Each listed recipe in bold is a link to the thread it's in.

If we have any interest, I'd be game for doing the recipe-a-day again (only this time hopefully I won't fail so badly) and getting that organized.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Without finding a recipe, cut the chicken and sausage into bite-size pieces, brown them with the ground beef, add a diced onion and some chopped garlic, cook to soften and add 2 cans of diced tomato or if you don't have, some tomato sauce. Simmer until the tomato breaks down if diced. Otherwise long enough to know the meat is fully cooked. Serve over the pasta. You can add a little red pepper flakes if the family is ok with that, just go easy.

It was good. Never new all 3 meats would work together but it did. Only thing I added was one more can of tomato sauce as I wanted it to be a little more on the saucey side. Kids liked it too! Thanks for the receipt.

OP
OP
G

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A LONG-ASS time ago, we did a recipe-a-day thing, but I think they were all separate threads (big mistake, in my opinion). Here is a link to the original set of recipes:
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=968155&postcount=1

Each listed recipe in bold is a link to the thread it's in.

If we have any interest, I'd be game for doing the recipe-a-day again (only this time hopefully I won't fail so badly) and getting that organized.

Thanks. I took a quick look at it. I'll have to check those out

OP
OP
G

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was good. Never new all 3 meats would work together but it did. Only thing I added was one more can of tomato sauce as I wanted it to be a little more on the saucey side. Kids liked it too! Thanks for the receipt.

Glad it worked out, Shaggy. Sorry about the sauce, I didn't really know how much meat you were working with there. I've got several recipes with 3 or so meat combinations- pork, beef,sausage, chicken. Jambalaya comes to mind and that might be right up your alley. Didn't know if you had enough time to get into that, though. :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sorry, I dont really visit subforums or I would have replied.

Next time you want to do spaghetti:
Brown a pound or two of meat. Beef, italian sausage, whatever. (i do 1lb italian ground sausage hot and 1lb of fresh beef from deli counter) Toss in large pot.

Simmer Garlic and an onion in canola or vegetable oil. However much garlic you want, I do 1-2tbsp minced garlic. Sautee until soft and add to meat.

Now add in 12oz of tomato paste, 28 oz can of peeled tomatos (crush,slice,whatever - dont just put the peeled tomato in there)

tsp salt, tsp sugar, 1 tbsp of dried oregano, basil, parsley. (if using fresh herbs, I do 1.5-2tbsp) (I also add in a few dashes of crushed red pepper to spice it up)

Simmer for an hour in large stock pot and youll have amazing meat sauce for lasagna, spaghetti, whatever you want. I never buy spaghetti sauce anymore.