Supporting Member
Reaction score
schel said:
expensive :cool:

Somebody had to do it :shrug:

:bang:

Stupid work computer keyboard!

That's it, I'm buying a new one.

The keys either skip letters or add letters.

I'm constantly double-checking my posts (because of the keyboard) before submitting, but I can't catch them all. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Very nice collection but one problem for those who want to bid...

It's always a pain in the butt to bid on items that have a set limit.

I agree. :bang: :hulk:

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I collected GI Joe comics for a while when I was way young, and then kinda got into Lobo in Jr. high, but that's about it.

Oh yeah, and in college I slept with a girl whose roommate had a Simpson's book that was addressed to her and signed by Matt Groening. Supposedly Matt Groening used to toke up quite a bit, which might explain why the earlier Simpsons cartoons were funnier.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
A very good friend of mine's ex-girlfriend was the model when she was invented

:thumbup:
Yeah? I heard her name was Susan or something like that and she lived down the hall from John Byrne. At least, that's what JB says...he could be full of it. Some people spread lies like that on the Internet like it's their job. Pfft. I have NO USE for people like that. Those types of people are dead to me.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Pariah said:
Yeah? I heard her name was Susan or something like that and she lived down the hall from John Byrne. At least, that's what JB says...he could be full of it. Some people spread lies like that on the Internet like it's their job. Pfft. I have NO USE for people like that. Those types of people are dead to me.
:lmao:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad collected Archie comics, and so I used to read those and even bought the newer ones when I was younger.

Betty ruled.

That's about it as far as comics go.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
My dad collected Archie comics, and so I used to read those and even bought the newer ones when I was younger.
This mormon guy I met at science camp wasn't allowed to read Archie because his dad told them that Archie and Jughead "were sinners" (Does DbaxJ have a sone who would be about 27 or 28 now???). I didn't understand what he meant until years later.... he thought they were gay lovers

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHEDON & CASSADAY EXTEND RUN ON "ASTONISHING X-MEN"
Source: Comic Book Resources
February 20, 2005

"Astonishing X-Men" writer Joss Whedon announced that he and artist John Cassaday would be continuing their run on Marvel's premiere mutant title for an additional 12 issues, making it 24 issues total for the duo. The duo will finish up their current run on the title, followed by a short break, and then get back to the title with an additional twelve issues. No word on whether the title would simply take a break or if fill-in creative teams would participate. Once they've finished that, the duo will embark on a "Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men" one-shot.

:cool:

:geek:

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whedon and Cassady are doing a f'n tremendous job on Astonishing. If any geeks or non geeks out there have thought of picking up an X-Men book, this is the one to get. :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comics: But They Really Want to Direct

Newsweek Feb. 21 issue

The latest comic-book superheroes are from a real different world—Hollywood. These days, TV and movie scribes are cranking out comics. Even directors are in the game; Bryan Singer ("X-Men") and Darren Aronofsky ("Requiem for a Dream") will publish later this year. Why the shift? Big names help boost sales. But are you ready for do-gooders who talk like "The O.C." 's Mischa Barton? A roundup:

Young Avengers
By Allan Heinberg
"The O.C." writer knows as much about comics as Seth. Four teenage superheroes with dialogue like "This is not superhero behavior." But at least they throw punches, not lawn furniture.

Man With the Screaming Brain
By Bruce Campbell
Actors can write? From the B-movie star of "Evil Dead." A four-issue mini-series (out in May). This title character switches brains after a mad scientist performs an operation on him.

Deadshot
By Christos Gage
He's penned episodes of "Law & Order: SVU." Issue three is out now. Hit man Deadshot learns of his daughter's existence and faces his biggest challenge yet: baby-sitting.

Serenity
By Joss Whedon
The "Buffy" creator got his fangs in this new series. Out in July. A prequel to the upcoming movie based on the canceled TV show "Firefly"—set 500 years from now. Are you lost yet?

—Ramin Setoodeh

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Deadshot
By Christos Gage
He's penned episodes of "Law & Order: SVU." Issue three is out now. Hit man Deadshot learns of his daughter's existence and faces his biggest challenge yet: baby-sitting.
I didn't know this guy was a newcomer--this miniseries kicks arse.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those not in the loop. :D

You must be registered for see images

Click on the above image to go to the site.

Here's what it's about: ACTOR, A Commitment To Our Roots, is the first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need. ACTOR creates a financial safety net for yesterday’s creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and entrée back into paying work.

:thumbup:

They accept donations and/or host special events and sell/auction items off to raise money for their organization. Dynamic Forces has partnered with them at this site: DF stuff for ACTOR

Also - They have these wristbands...

You must be registered for see images

I just got my EXCELSIOR! wristband the other day. :thumbup:

:geek:

BIM

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson