Any Comic Books Geeks on the Board?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
somewhere :cool:
yeah it was that word that I was debating over because I knew you would show up on this thread and BIM me on it.... and it kept me from posting before you.

Anywho, not to take away from this thread. I have never owned a comic book, but I love the comic book movies :| Does that count?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Anywho, not to take away from this thread. I have never owned a comic book, but I love the comic book movies :| Does that count?

I nominate you as an honorary comic book geek.

Will somebody second that motion? :shrug:

;)

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
No, sorry. I was going to gauge interest in a weekely post about what comics shipped and what people thought about them. If it's just me and BIM, so be it, but that might be kind of, well, geeky.

Plus, I don't want to have my spelling corrected that often. It's be like being under a microscope. ;)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIM's got thousands of comic books. Mostly Marvel. Spider-Man from the late 70's through the mid-90's and some in recent years as well. Hulk, Avengers, Iron Man, tons of early Daredevil, X-Men 100-300 :thumbup: , a bunch of old tattered Richie Rich comics :D , lots of other companies too, especially DC - Batman, Superman, etc...Dark Horse, Valiant, Image, First - Lone Wolf and Cub :cool: ...

Stopped collecting in the mid-90's (it's expensive!). Still buy some every couple of weeks, but nowhere near the pace I did back then. Mainly focusing on getting smaller boxes and making sure they're all bagged and boarded.

Bookman's has comics for .50 - since Atomic Comics moved into the plaza, they've gotten a much better selection. Some good finds sometimes.

Last edited:

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
I once harassed a group of comic book geeks. Do you tend to play RPGers in the same category? If so, I've harassed many a comic book geek. Hell, i may be a comic book geek geek.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:

...must not correct...

...can't help it...

weekly :cool:

I say - go for it!

Sounds like a good thread to me.

Maybe some conversation on recent releases would stir up some talk, get others interested (meaning addicted) to comics as well.

With so many comics being turned into movies, it might interest that crowd too. :shrug:

Djaughe

Reaction score
Pariah said:
Anyone? Or, am I the geekiest geek in geeksville?
:fans:

I have an autograph original Walt Simmonson of this pic at home!

Attachments

• Thor.gif
    Thor.gif
    36 KB · Views: 77

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife knows Sergio Aragones (Mad Magazine margins, and Groo comics). :thumbup:

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
My wife knows Sergio Aragones (Mad Magazine margins, and Groo comics). :thumbup:
I looked over louise "weezie" simmonson's shoulder as she typed the death scene of superman!

:D

You must be registered for see images

Djaughe

Reaction score
Djaughe said:
I looked over louise "weezie" simmonson's shoulder as she typed the death scene of superman!
Just kidden...I got to see their various drafts!
:hangs head in shame:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
Lets not forget a certain "model" you once knew

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've picked them up and read some from time to time - even collected a few sporadically...

i'm more in the geek:rpg realm than the geek:comic book realm - although i'm suspicious that both are something akin to geek cousins. :)

shawn

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
schel said:
expensive :cool:

Somebody had to do it :shrug:

I was just going to ask if anybody had gone through all of his posts for mistakes. I knew he wasn't perfect!!! :thumbup:

Hmm I may have found another one but I might be wrong....

BIM's got thousands of comic books
Isn't BIM's wrong :confused: BIMs'?? Probably wrong.. I suck :(

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
BIM's got thousands of comic books. Mostly Marvel. Spider-Man from the late 70's through the mid-90's and some in recent years as well. Hulk, Avengers, Iron Man, tons of early Daredevil, X-Men 100-300 :thumbup: , a bunch of old tattered Richie Rich comics :D , lots of other companies too, especially DC - Batman, Superman, etc...Dark Horse, Valiant, Image, First - Lone Wolf and Cub :cool: ...

Stopped collecting in the mid-90's (it's expensve!). Still buy some every couple of weeks, but nowhere near the pace I did back then. Mainly focusing on getting smaller boxes and making sure they're all bagged and boarded.

Bookman's has comics for .50 - since Atomic Comics moved into the plaza, they've gotten a much better selection. Some good finds sometimes.

Actually BIM has some fragmented sentences as well ;)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a comic geek. I have a ton of old and new Transformers and GI Joe, X-Men, X-Factor and X-force. One of my favorites that I haven't picked up in a while which i need to start buying again is the Darkness. I'm also a big fan of Dork Tower/Knights of the Dinner Table, Dork, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and Lenore.