Any ASFN'ers going to London?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With or without a gun you're still more likely to be killed in the United states then in Britain.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Security reasons?

You live in a country with over 30,000 gun related deaths per year and you're worried about your security in London..... :bang:

Not to turn this into a P&R thread, but agreed. This was supposed to be a special trip for my dad's 60th and now my mom won't go because she's paralyzed with fear. It's like - you live in Las Vegas, which is just as likely to be a target on any given day.

A person just can't control these things. I could be hit by lightning today.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Hey, we left London 6 days ago and if the security is anything like it was for the Queen's birthday, you've got no worries. They've got tons of police and military everywhere plus the latest in scanning tech. Realize you're odds are greater of dying in a car accident than a terrorist act. These incidents are typically single actors and victims are few compared to the population. The idea is just to scare people not kill a big number. We were in London for the recent devastating fire and more people died in that than all the GB terrorist acts combined.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we please get back to someone getting me an unused code so that I can buy my tickets for the game?

Thanks,
:)

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Can we please get back to someone getting me an unused code so that I can buy my tickets for the game?

Thanks,

I was working to find you one... but no luck so far. I had to bounce around through a lot of things for the purchase with my dad. Are you considering StubHub?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was working to find you one... but no luck so far. I had to bounce around through a lot of things for the purchase with my dad. Are you considering StubHub?

Considering Ticketmaster, but wanted to see what kind of tickets are available through the codes first. The tickets through Ticketmaster are end zone and upper seats.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Thanks,
What code are you talking about? Is it a code for season ticket holders? I can't go (wife) and I am a season ticket holder if I can help I will.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I plan on going. Not going to let terrorists determine where and when I can go someplace.

Me, the wife and kids went to Disneyland after 9/11 when supposedly the terrorist were going to strike and I said the same thing. (it was either Christmas day or Jan 1st, can't remember). It was the smallest crowd I have ever seen there and we got worn out riding all the rides with no wait.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What code are you talking about? Is it a code for season ticket holders? I can't go (wife) and I am a season ticket holder if I can help I will.

I think it is/was. I didn't know about it until I saw one posted in the thread.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
a bunch of white men fled that place a few hundred years ago. came over here and murdered most of my people and took our country....if those ******** were afraid to be in England why would I choose to go there?
now,...if the redbirds were ever to play in Rome...I would have to give a trip serious consideration.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I asked around, and I have an unused code, I send it to you in Pm

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to turn this into a P&R thread, but agreed. This was supposed to be a special trip for my dad's 60th and now my mom won't go because she's paralyzed with fear. It's like - you live in Las Vegas, which is just as likely to be a target on any given day.

A person just can't control these things. I could be hit by lightning today.

You're more likely to die of heat stroke in Vegas... (lol)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
a bunch of white men fled that place a few hundred years ago. came over here and murdered most of my people and took our country....if those ******** were afraid to be in England why would I choose to go there?
now,...if the redbirds were ever to play in Rome...I would have to give a trip serious consideration.

So you're saying that "your people" had a bad immigration policy and needed an aboriginal Donald Dumph in charge...

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Living in the US and worrying about safety in the UK is just about the definition of insane

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Forgive me, I posted this in another thread also...

My wife and I will be in London from around October 19th to the 23rd, and I'm reaching out to people that I know are going to London, or are from that area. On the Saturday before the game, we're attending a function put on by the BirdGang Travel Club, but I forget where the event is. My wife has made most of the plans, so I'm not certain on all the arraingments.

Anyway, if you're attending that event, or the game, or like to drink at a pub, let me know; my wife and I love meeting locals (and American Cardinal Fans) to get advice on the good places to eat and drink. I really want to hit historic pubs with an authentic feel, and we would really like to have a Sunday Roast, except we will be at the game. If you know where some Yanks can get a proper Sunday roast, I'm sure my wife would be very grateful for the advice :)

If memory serves, we are staying near Kensington or Knight's Bridge, and my handle on Twitter is @Hutsnuts if you have a Twitter account and don't mind me asking food and drink advice when we get there, please pass your account handle along.
Thanks for reading and take care,
Mike

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgive me, I posted this in another thread also...

My wife and I will be in London from around October 19th to the 23rd, and I'm reaching out to people that I know are going to London, or are from that area. On the Saturday before the game, we're attending a function put on by the BirdGang Travel Club, but I forget where the event is. My wife has made most of the plans, so I'm not certain on all the arraingments.

Anyway, if you're attending that event, or the game, or like to drink at a pub, let me know; my wife and I love meeting locals (and American Cardinal Fans) to get advice on the good places to eat and drink. I really want to hit historic pubs with an authentic feel, and we would really like to have a Sunday Roast, except we will be at the game. If you know where some Yanks can get a proper Sunday roast, I'm sure my wife would be very grateful for the advice :)

If memory serves, we are staying near Kensington or Knight's Bridge, and my handle on Twitter is @Hutsnuts if you have a Twitter account and don't mind me asking food and drink advice when we get there, please pass your account handle along.
Thanks for reading and take care,
Mike
DCR and I will be in the UK from the 13th to the 25th...but we won't be in London until the 19th, so I would think we should be able to meet up at some point!! :) I think we're going to do the River Boat event on Friday night with Birdgang Travel...not sure though. We are not doing the Saturday night event ($45 to get entrance to a hotel bar??? Their site didn't imply that the fee included anything other than entrance...)

I'm going to be there
Would love to meet another ASFNer if we can!

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am going to be in London for the game also. Arriving on Thursday and leaving the following Sunday.

Staying in a hotel by Buckingham Palace within walking distance of Big Ben and Westminister. Friday may go to see some friends who I was stationed (USAF) with that are retired in England.

Saturday going to Birmingham to watch my favorite London soccer (football) team Fulham play there. It is an away game for Fulham but I paid for a Bus(Coach) to take me to the game and back with a bunch of other Fulham supporters. Not sure what time I come back into London though. Might go to the pep rally if I have time. I think 2 drinks are allowed.

Monday thinking about taking a day trip to Liverpool for a Beatles tour. Leave in the morning and come back that night.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DCR and I will be in the UK from the 13th to the 25th...but we won't be in London until the 19th, so I would think we should be able to meet up at some point!! :) I think we're going to do the River Boat event on Friday night with Birdgang Travel...not sure though. We are not doing the Saturday night event ($45 to get entrance to a hotel bar??? Their site didn't imply that the fee included anything other than entrance...)

Would love to meet another ASFNer if we can!

I would like to meet other ASFNers also.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard