Anquan Boldin: Movie Critic

Jim O

Reaction score
Anquan Boldin Reviews Radio

Starring Cuba Gooding Jr., Ed Harris, Riley Smith, Sarah Drew, Joseph E.G. Barrett
Directed by Michael Tollin
Written by Mike Rich
Studio/Distributed by Sony Pictures Entertainment
Rating PG

Q’s Summary

The movie takes place in South Carolina and basically it is about a mentally handicapped person, who is befriended by the high school football coach. Some of the players on the team play a mean trick on Radio and they had him in this equipment shed and the coach found out and rescued him and invited him back to practice. The coach takes Radio, played by Cuba Gooding, under his wings and tries to look after him and help him in anyway he can. He just found little things for Radio to do so that he felt involved. He also got him in school and you can see Radio slowly come out of his shell.

Q’s Take

I thought it was a pretty good movie and it was really inspiring. I think it was cool to see the coach go out of his way to reach out to someone that nobody had ever really tried to understand and I also thought it was cool to see what Radio had to give to the people in the town. At the end of the movie, you get to see clips of the real Radio and find out really what his future holds which is pretty unique. Cuba will probably win some awards for this flick because he did a pretty outstanding job. Everything played out well and you forget that you are really even watching a movie. From my perspective, it is a Cardinal Sin to cry in movies but it is a sentimental flick so watch out.

Q’s Rating: Touchdown

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
I heard the Q actually wrote this movie during one of this 3 tours in Nam. As a matter of fact, I was in Corpus Christi on Business a month ago. I had and eight foot tall Asian waiter, which made me curious. I asked him his name. Sure enough, it was "Ho Tran Boldin".

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Early returns indicated that based on Quan's review, the Oscar has already been given to this movie for best Picture, Actor, Director, Supporting Actor, Actress, Supporting Actress, best adaptation, musical score, original screen play, animated feature, art direction, cinemetography, costume design, editing, documentary, foreign language film, makeup, sound, sound editing, and visual effect

and will be given the lifetime acheivement award next year.

Obviously having Anquan review your movie is like gold in the bank

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with the review. I loved the movie and thought it was VERY GOOD! Could get soem Oscar pub for both Gooding and Harris two very good actors!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard