Anquan Article from CBS Sportsline

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2009/01/18/20090118spt-cardsnb.html

Heated moments

Not everyone was congratulating offensive coordinator Todd Haley on his play calling Sunday.
On the team's game-winning drive, the television broadcast showed receiver Anquan Boldin in a heated exchange with Haley.
Boldin declined comment about it after the game, and Haley called it "a heat of the moment" situation.
"We changed personnel groups out there and I put Steve Breaston in for (Boldin)," Haley said, "and he was upset about it."

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
First, regarding Warner arguing with Haley - not really, it has been well documented that during the games they get into some lively exchanges. But they have a great relationship and communicate all the time.

Another difference is that Warner and Haley weren't having a heated exchange while Haley was actively trying to call plays... it was after the offense was off the field.

Like it or not, (and I don't) the thing with Boldin is a totally different situation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
y'know what, a heated exchange i understand. but leaving during the award ceremony and running outta the lockerroom? that just smacks of selfishness. i hope that's not accurate, but if so . . . . ship his ass to jacksonville.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2009/01/18/20090118spt-cardsnb.html

Heated moments

Not everyone was congratulating offensive coordinator Todd Haley on his play calling Sunday.
On the team's game-winning drive, the television broadcast showed receiver Anquan Boldin in a heated exchange with Haley.
Boldin declined comment about it after the game, and Haley called it "a heat of the moment" situation.
"We changed personnel groups out there and I put Steve Breaston in for (Boldin)," Haley said, "and he was upset about it."

Ah so that's what it was.

Hmmmm well maybe he'll get over it or he won't, no one rains on my parade today!

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was Q not on the field when the cards were awarded the trophy? I didnt see him but then I didnt see everyone on the field.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Heated moments

This article doesn't say he left he just declined comment. Did he leave and they reported that as declining comment, or was he there but just not wanting to answer questions?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey Q, don't let the door hit you on the way out... and don't fumble your bags when it does you ungrateful ingrate.

like I said before the game... with or without Q... this team's winning the Super Bowl. Now this just means that this team that's been kicking ass all playoffs long... will continue to GET BETTER once we get rid of us oft-injured-whiney-fumbly ass.

SUPER-BEAR/BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
Boldin has played hard for us for many years. If he regroups and wants to be a part of this run it will make us better. I hope he gets over it, and helps us win a Super Bowl. If not; we are going to win it anyway, and we can get Jeremy Maclin to replace him in the draft.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Bench Q For The Super Bowl. Yes I Said It.

We need to do more than this.

Delete his photoshop posts out of the Hall of Fame.

And this guy was my football god for like 4 years.

#11 deserved his contract.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Boldin has played hard for us for many years. If he regroups and wants to be a part of this run it will make us better. I hope he gets over it, and helps us win a Super Bowl. If not; we are going to win it anyway, and we can get Jeremy Maclin to replace him in the draft.

That would be so sweet but impossible from the 32nd pick unless you're thinking of trading Q to someone with a high 1st round pick and if you are I love it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread but just re-watched this incident. Tod Haley clearly gets called something by Boldin. Tod says "Don't call me that"....."Don't call me that"....then Boldin yells something again....then Tod says again "Don't call me that".

Boldin is a jackass. Talented but a total and complete jackass and should be embarrased by taking away anything from this great accomplishment.

Kabin

Reaction score
At the least the team needs to hit him with a moderate fine and a warning.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what happened because I was at the game, but doesn't sound good.

At any rate, we can trade my favorite player for a lot of goods...do it..i'm happy to roll with what we have. No problem, in my mind. But you have to MAKE GOOD on what we get for him.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd put money Whis/Haley/Boldin resolve this tonight and it's a non-issue except with fans who are put off by his lack of grace.

I doubt Haley relishes the idea of putting together a game plan against that Steeler D without Boldin in the lineup. Seriously. The guy's a huge reason the Cardinals are where they are. Championship teams know how to manage personalities like this. In the NFL you don't get huffy in response. You grab the player and find ways to turn it around.

I wouldn't want to be Boldin in the locker room the next time they practice, though.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Was Q not on the field when the cards were awarded the trophy? I didnt see him but then I didnt see everyone on the field.

12 Sports reported that he left the field, dressed and was out of the stadium while the trophy presentation was occuring.

Sorry, but that isn't a person I want on this team.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If true then Boldin hasn't done himself any favors. The value of Rosenhaus repped, prima dona, me first WR's isn't what it used to be.

Reaction score
Now regarding Boldin - He is trying to force the Cardinals hand regarding a trade.

/QUOTE]

What evidence do you have over the course of the year that his trade request has effected his play.
What are you mistakenly reading into my simple statement? I didn't mention or question Boldin's play on the field, other than to give my opinion that perhaps Boldin still was not 100% healthy today...

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I trust that Whiz and company will do what is right.

Do you know how freaking comforting that thought is?

Ponder that for a second?

We have a coaching staff that knows what they are doing.... ahahahhahhahahhahahahahha we're in the Super Bowl....ahahahahahhahahahhahhaha

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread but just re-watched this incident. Tod Haley clearly gets called something by Boldin. Tod says "Don't call me that"....."Don't call me that"....then Boldin yells something again....then Tod says again "Don't call me that".

Boldin is a jackass. Talented but a total and complete jackass and should be embarrased by taking away anything from this great accomplishment.
This is key.
What a selfish display.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Board Disgusts Me Right Now

Of all times, this is when you guys wanna act like this? You have no real facts about what happened at all. To read a damned blog , take it as truth and the try to run one of our best players and a pioneer for this team out of town is pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Of all times, this is when you guys wanna act like this? You have no real facts about what happened at all. To read a damned blog , take it as truth and the try to run one of our best players and a pioneer for this team out of town is pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Multiple media outlets have reported that he was gone before the trophy was even presented. That's classless

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiple media outlets have reported that he was gone before the trophy was even presented. That's classless

It's being confirmed all over the place now. Even if he had to run home for legitimate reasons (like he had to do his hair), there was no excuse for his conduct on the sideline during the game either.

I think fans can say congrats Cards, celebrate and still blast Q at the same time. There is nothing wrong with that. By all accounts Q was a jackass and derserves it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz