and now, some things to be grateful for

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
in lue of the horrific, worst imaginable way to end the 2022 playoffs,
let us now take solace and reflect on the things to be grateful for:

* 64 wins. Many exciting and dominating 4th quarters.
* #1 record in the league
* Booker and Paul All-Stars
* Booker a top MVP candidate
* Paul #1 in assists, #2 in steals, and #1 clutch player
* Lakers superstar team not making the playoffs
* Nets superstar team losing in the first round and Harden going down with the contender they traded him to.
* Bridges the runner-up for defensive player of the year
* Ayton developing his jump shot
* the Bucks didn't make it out of the 2nd round either.
* the Warriors were down by 55 a few days ago.

things to look forward to:

* Miami or Boston beating GS or Dallas in the Finals?
* the close of the Sarver investigation (perhaps new ownership soon?)
* end of the Lebron era?

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Memphis will be the team to beat.

Need a third scorer who an create his own shot.

Need a new point guard.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank god prop 207 passed for these bad suns gms kind of ugh nights :( lol

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ever since February I've been thinkin "Oh great, the Suns are finally in position to win the title and it's going to get ruined by thermonuclear war!!!"

So... at least that is out the window.

Reaction score
I believe the public and the NBA are finally figuring out that super-teams are not necessarily good for business, and I'm thankful for that. Especially because I personally believe that super-teams are actually even bad for business. They drain too much talent away from the other teams, and it's arguably not being replenished.

I am also thankful for lebron james aging and becoming yesterday's news. This is a good thing because I sense that the public is tired of his self-centered, pompous personality, and wouldn't particularly mind seeing him retire and go away.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think Sarver potentially getting dumped would be the best news ever for the franchise. He's an absolute albatross around our necks, and I don't doubt that the league itself is going to continue to have it out for the franchise as long as he is the owner here.

And that's not even mentioning how awful he is from an organizational and management standpoint. I don't trust for a moment that he won't continue to let the basketball people run things without messing everything up yet again in the near future.

Reaction score
I think Sarver potentially getting dumped would be the best news ever for the franchise. He's an absolute albatross around our necks, and I don't doubt that the league itself is going to continue to have it out for the franchise as long as he is the owner here.

And that's not even mentioning how awful he is from an organizational and management standpoint. I don't trust for a moment that he won't continue to let the basketball people run things without messing everything up yet again in the near future.
Well, I'm backing off Sarver, because I have all these people here insisting no, Ryan McDonough was more responsible for wrecking the last good team before I walked away. That had honestly not occurred to me, because Sarver is such a micromanager that I didn't assume he would leave McDonough alone.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm backing off Sarver, because I have all these people here insisting no, Ryan McDonough was more responsible for wrecking the last good team before I walked away. That had honestly not occurred to me, because Sarver is such a micromanager that I didn't assume he would leave McDonough alone.
I blame Ryan for destroying relationships with players that left or wanted out, I blame Ryan for one bad draft pick after another and I blame Ryan for questionable coaching hires. But more responsible for the failures during McD's tenure than Sarver? I wouldn't go that far.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'm thankful that James Jones is our general manager and that the Bucks did not repeat. Have a nice summer guys!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm grateful that after that ridiculous performance last night that the league will probably check the bank accounts of our starters to see if someone laid down on the job for money. At the same time, they'll likely drug test the lot which will could well put Ayton back on suspension and greatly reduce his contract demands.

I never noticed it before but DeAndre Ayton rhymes with Roy Tarpley.